Senior Associate, Voter Programs
Full Time, Temporary /
About Climate Power
Climate Power is a strategic communications organization focused on winning the politics of climate. We’re educating Americans about our climate progress, highlighting how clean energy investments benefit local communities, and holding Big Oil accountable for polluting our air and water. We use data-backed messages to pave a path for bold action and shine a light on the price of ignoring the climate crisis would cost our health, economy, and future generations.
It’s our job to tell the story of how climate action and clean energy investment are rebuilding our economy, lowering energy costs, and protecting our planet for future generations. We call out disinformation from bad actors like the Big Oil lobby, and make the climate stakes real for voters. Learn more about our organization and work here: Climate Power: Who We Are!
About This Role
This is a temporary position to support Climate Power’s work through the election cycle. It is expected that this role will end November 30, 2024.
Climate Power has an immediate opening for a Senior Associate to join our Voter Programs team, which works across teams within the organization and with partners to educate voters about climate and clean energy progress and mobilize them to support climate champions in the 2024 election. The Voter Programs team identifies key audiences and builds a strategic campaign to reach and engage them using a variety of tactics, especially paid media. The work of the Voter Programs team is highly collaborative with other departments and outside consultants, and so we are looking to hire a Senior Associate who will serve as a project manager to facilitate that collaborative effort.
The Senior Associate will work closely with the Senior Advisor, Voter Programs, to manage paid consultant relationships, media planning, and creative production processes and maintain clear communication with other Climate Power teams, key allies, and other relevant stakeholders. Particularly, we are looking for a Senior Associate to facilitate close collaboration with the Climate Power en Acción team, formerly the Latino Engagement team, and implement En Acción paid media campaigns. Spanish fluency is required.
- (Project Management 30%) Serve as project manager for Voter Programs work, including maintaining timelines, facilitating approvals, and preparing meeting agendas and notes.
- (Project Management 30%) Support Senior Advisor in managing relationships with media consultants and ad vendors.
- (Project Management 30%) Facilitate clear communication across Climate Power teams.
- (Project Management 30%) Oversee key administrative processes for the Voter Programs team, including reporting and tracking payments to vendors and consultants.
- (Campaign Execution 20%) Review media plans (and other work products) and deliver Climate Power feedback to consultants.
- (Campaign Execution 20%) Craft reports and other products for sharing data and insights coming out of Voter Programs campaigns.
- (Latino-Targeted Program 30%) Support Climate Power en Acción team to plan and execute paid media campaigns, events, and partnerships focused on Latino voters.
- (Latino-Targeted Program 30%) Manage relationships with Latino-focused consultants and ad vendors.
- (Latino-Targeted Program 30%) Review and occasionally write or contribute to Spanish-language messaging, content, and creative.
- (Latino-Targeted Program 30%) Foster close communication and collaboration with the Climate Power en Acción team to ensure integration of En Acción and Voter Programs strategies and programming.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as need and capacity dictate.
Time breakdown is approximate.
- 3 years of relevant prior work experience in politics, issue advocacy, or campaigns. Paid media experience and experience working with climate and environmental groups are preferred.
- Excellent Spanish speaker and writer with an understanding of regional accents and vernacular; at least 1 year of experience writing or reviewing political content in Spanish a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work.
- Ability to create and digest paid media campaign reports and communicate takeaways to non-technical stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace and Excel.
- Experience in climate justice.
- Experience working with TV and/or digital firms, either as a consultant or as a client.
- Knowledge of the Spanish-language media landscape.
- Experience working on paid media campaigns focused on voters of color.
- If you do not meet all of the requirements and believe you are a good fit, we encourage you to apply but be sure to uplift all experience that aligns with our essential and desired qualifications.
Location & Hours of Operations
- Climate Power is a remote-first organization based in Washington, DC. This position can be located anywhere in the United States, but must be able to work Monday - Friday, 9 am - 6 pm EST, plus weekends and evenings as the work dictates.
- Climate Power offers a competitive compensation package including an experience-based salary (please ensure that all relevant experience is included on your resume) and comprehensive benefits, including the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance 100% paid for employee 50% for their dependents
- Unlimited Paid Time off, including every other Friday and extended summer, fall, and winter breaks
- 401(k) with 5% match
- Education Assistance, including student loan repayment program
- Sabbatical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly Tech Allowance
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Work From Home Stipend for home office furniture
- Employee Wellness & Treat Yourself Funds
$70,000 - $83,371 a year
Based on experience.
Our Hiring Timeline and Process
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and will continue to interview until the position is filled (posting will remain up until the position is filled).
An ideal start date would be on or before February 29, 2024. This is a temporary position and is expected to run through November 30, 2024.
Our interview process will involve 3 rounds of interviews, ranging in length from 30-60 minutes. All interviews will be conducted via Google Meets or Zoom. Successful candidates who move forward in the hiring process will be invited to complete a skills assessment activity (for which they will receive compensation) and undergo a vetting process, including reference and background checks, to ensure cultural and political alignment.
Climate Power is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
Additionally, Climate Power is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Climate Power will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations for the interview and hiring process.
If reasonable accommodation is needed in the interview process, please firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for updates in the hiring/interview process should not be sent to this email.