Senior Associate, En Acción
En Acción /
About Climate Power
Climate Power is an independent strategic communications and paid media operation focused on building the political will and public support for bold climate action. Founded by the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club, Climate Power integrates hard-hitting research, polling, state and national earned media, digital and paid media to influence the national conversation, embolden leaders to take immediate, bold climate action, and expose climate deniers and their oil and gas lobby allies.
Climate Power En Acción, formerly the Latino Engagement team, is tasked with creating awareness of the importance of transitioning to a green economy in the Latino community as an essential step to combat climate change.
Learn more about our organization and work here: Climate Power: Who We Are!
About This Role
Climate Power has an immediate opening for a Senior Associate to help the En Accion team implement the organization’s strategic communications work to drive a national narrative around the importance of climate and clean energy investments, sell the benefits of climate action in key communities, and block efforts to dismantle climate progress.
This position reports to the Deputy Managing Director, En Acción.
- Develop materials: Support writing press materials such as, advisories and ICYMIs.
- Communications: Support press and surrogate outreach for Latino and Spanish-speaking media. Develop and maintain Latino/Spanish press lists and mail chimp lists. Help coordinate interviews and supporting materials. Coordinate day-to-day communications tasks with Climate Power’s Communications team.
- Social content: Work with Climate Power digital team, translating and creating Latino/Spanish social content.
- Develop digital materials for Climate Power En Acción: in collaboration with the digital team at Climate Power to write, source, and QA copy for social media platforms, creative products, and digital organizing work (email, SMS, etc).
- Website: Be the point of contact for website redesign during the transition from our current website to the new one in collaboration with the digital and creative team. Weekly update Climate Power En Acción Content for the website.
- Rapid response: Assist the team and help respond to developing news stories in any way needed. Monitor debates, rallies as needed.
- Event: Assist the team as the point of contact for events organized by Climate Power En Acción.
- Metrics: Help the En Acción team track internal and external products and media hits every week. Support in drafting end of the year reports materials.
- Team collaboration: Help coordinate the delivery of En Accion products with other teams at Climate Power. Translations: Work on English to Spanish translations as needed. Translate materials in a culturally competent manner.
- Administrative tasks: Schedule calls, meetings, and calendar for Deputy Executive Director and Managing Director for En Acción.
- 3 years of relevant prior work experience: communications, campaigns, electoral work, administrative, and/or research, preferred.
- Must be bi-lingual - English and Spanish native speaker.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage competing priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Workplace.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurances 100% paid for employee 50% for their dependents.
- Unlimited Paid Time off, including every other Friday and extended summer, fall, and winter breaks
- 401(k) with 5% match.
- Education Assistance, including student loan repayment program.
- Sabbatical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly Tech Allowance
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Work From Home Stipend, for home office furniture
- Employee Wellness & Treat Yourself Funds
Additional responsibilities may be assigned as need and capacity dictate.
If you don’t meet all of the requirements and believe you’re a good fit, we absolutely encourage you to apply, but be sure to uplift all experience that aligns with both our essential and desired qualifications.
Location & Hours of Operations
Climate Power is a remote-first organization based in DC. This position can be located anywhere in the U.S., but must be able to work Monday - Friday 9 am - 6 pm EST, plus weekends and evenings as the work dictates.
Climate Power offers a competitive compensation package including experienced based salary (please ensure that all relevant experience is included on your resume) and comprehensive benefits, including the following:
Our Hiring Timeline and Process
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and will continue to interview until the position is filled (posting will remain up until position filled).
An ideal start date would be before or by February 29, 2024.
Our interview process generally involves 3 rounds of interviews, ranging in length from 30-60 minutes. All interviews will be conducted via Google Meets or Zoom. Successful candidates that move forward in the hiring process, will be invited to complete a skills assessment activity (for which they will receive compensation) and will undergo a vetting process, including reference and background check to ensure cultural and political alignment.
Climate Power is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
Additionally, Climate Power is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Climate Power will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations for the interview and hiring process.
If reasonable accommodation is needed in the interview process, please email@example.com. Requests for updates in the hiring/interview process or other solicitations, should not be sent to this email.
$70,000 - $83,371 a year
Climate Power's salary bands are experienced based. Experience on resume should be specific to the position for which you are applying and list, chronologically, month, year, and brief description of the work held.