Climate Power - Digital Organizing Associate or Senior Associate
Washington, DC / Remote /
Climate Power has an immediate opening for an Digital Organizing Associate or Senior Associate to work with the Digital Organizing team in engaging grassroots activists online and implementing creative and compelling email & SMS strategy.
Climate Power is an independent strategic communications and paid media operation focused on building the political will and public support for bold climate action. Founded by the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club, Climate Power integrates hard-hitting research, polling, state and national earned media, digital and paid media to influence the national conversation, embolden leaders to take immediate, bold climate action, and expose climate deniers and their oil and gas lobby allies.
- Draft compelling email and SMS messages that engage our subscribers and move them to take action;
- Analyze email and SMS results and put your findings into practice for upcoming messages;
- Set-up, target, and send messages in our email (EveryAction) and SMS (Mobile Commons) CRMs;
- Set-up opt-in paths, calls to action, and mConnects in Mobile Commons;
- Draft and/or produce landing pages for petitions, events, and ads in EveryAction and WordPress platforms;
- Conduct Quality Assurance practices (proofreading and testing) to make sure every message we send is technically, grammatically, and functionally correct;
- Manage subscriber data and targeting in both CRMs and feel comfortable pulling lists for targeting and/or reporting.
- Collaborate across departments to successfully build organizing capacity and collaborate on advocacy projects like call scripts and petitions in partnership with both internal and external stakeholders.
Requirements & Qualifications
- At least one year of experience in digital, organizing, or mobilization, ideally in a nonprofit, political organization, or campaign environment.
- Organizing skills: You know and love volunteers and activists, and have either worked with them in the past or have volunteered for causes you care about personally.
- Communication skills: Ability to communicate complicated ideas in concise terms; excellent written, verbal, and proofreading skills; you can explain in writing a complicated idea and seamlessly construct an argument for persuasion.
- Project management skills: Ability to manage tasks and meet tight deadlines; strong attention to detail and dedication to quality and consistent products.
- Problem-solving skills: Self-motivated ability to solve complex problems in an innovative, effective, and timely manner.
- Experience with HTML and CSS a plus but not required (you don’t need to be an expert, but knowing what <em> or <a href=”climatepower.us”> means is helpful).
- Experience with email and/or SMS tools like Mobile Commons, EveryAction, NGP, Blue State Digital, ActionKit, Action Network, Hustle, GetThru, or other industry standard tool(s) a plus but not required.
- Experience with Asana or other project management tools a plus but not required.
This full time exempt position reports to Climate Power’s Director of Digital Organizing.
Climate Power and Climate Power Education Fund are fiscally sponsored projects of Fund for a Better Future (FBF) and Resources Legacy Fund (RLF). RLF and FBF are an equal opportunity employers and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation. We are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination, where all team members feel valued, respected, and included. We know that our work is enriched by the varied voices and perspectives of every staff and board member, so we are committed to making an earnest effort to recruit, welcome, train, develop, and retain talented individuals from diverse backgrounds. We believe that a diverse and inclusive culture expands our creative capacity to do our work and achieve greater outcomes for people and the natural world. Learn more about RLF’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion on our website.
Pay for this position is commensurate with experience and responsibilities. The salary range for the Associate position starts at $56,000 and the salary range for the Senior Associate position starts at $65,000. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) plan, and generous paid time off.
RLF and FBF require that employees be vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to visiting or working in an RLF or FBF office or conducting any travel or in-person meetings on behalf of our organizations. If you are hired for this position, we will require proof that you are up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.