Climate Power - Manager, Oil & Gas Research
Washington, DC /
About Climate Power
Climate Power is an independent strategic communications and paid media operation focused on building the political will and public support for bold climate action. Founded by the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club, Climate Power integrates hard-hitting research, polling, state and national earned media, digital and paid media to influence the national conversation, embolden leaders to take immediate, bold climate action, and expose climate deniers and their oil and gas lobby allies.
About This Role
Climate Power is seeking to add a new team member to our research department to generate actionable research to hold oil companies, their lobbyists, and their allies in congress accountable for their roles in prolonging the climate crisis and harming communities.
- Track and report on business news from the oil and gas sector.
- Identify research opportunities for Climate Power to hold oil and gas CEOs and lobbyists accountable.
- Work directly with the Senior Advisor, Oil and Gas Campaigns to generate actionable research that can be used in communications materials and campaign tactics.
- Identify new lines of investigation to expose oil and gas industry influence, lies and disinformation.
- Provide updates to Climate Power staff and partners on details of financial statements from major publicly-traded companies.
- Draft reports, fact sheets and other research and communications materials.
- Create daily tracking and reporting systems on lobbying, influence, and advocacy efforts led or funded by the oil and gas industry.
- Produce regular newsletters, reports, and reference materials highlighting major developments and spotlighting important issues relating to oil and gas pollution.
- Assisting with gathering facts for reports and other written research products as directed by the Deputy Research Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5 years of relevant prior work experience. Relevant work experience may include, but is not limited to: working on energy policy or corporate accountability issues in a political, advocacy, or policymaking environment OR working as an analyst or journalist covering the oil and gas industry.
- Basic understanding of financial statements and filings made by publicly-traded companies.
- 2 years of people and/or project management experience.
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong people skills and exceptional team player.
- Effective communicator — both written and oral.
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage competing priorities with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter, working independently to move work forward to successful completion.
- Willingness to stay up to date on best practices and trends relative to the work and projects in their purview.
- Interest in climate justice is a plus!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Workplace.
$85,400 - $101,712 a year
Compensation is based on experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) plan, student loan repayment assistance, and generous paid time off.
Climate Power is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation.