Senior Associate, Polling & Insights
Full Time, Temporary /
About Climate Power
Climate Power is a strategic communications organization focused on winning the politics of climate. We’re educating Americans about our climate progress, highlighting how clean energy investments benefit local communities, and holding Big Oil accountable for polluting our air and water. We use data-backed messages to pave a path for bold action and shine a light on the price of ignoring the climate crisis would cost our health, economy, and future generations.
It’s our job to tell the story of how climate action and clean energy investment are rebuilding our economy, lowering energy costs, and protecting our planet for future generations. We call out disinformation from bad actors like the Big Oil lobby, and make the climate stakes real for voters. Learn more about our organization and work here: Climate Power: Who We Are!
About This Role
This is a temporary position to support Climate Power’s work through the election cycle. It is expected that this role will end November 30, 2024.
Climate Power is seeking a Senior Associate to support our public opinion research programs. Working closely with our Director of Insights, this role will be critical in supporting our polling projects. The role will facilitate our research studies by working closely with our polling vendors and supporting the preparation of polls, focus groups, and message testing studies. They conduct background issue research, help write reports and memos, and present these findings to stakeholders.
The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of experience in supporting or analyzing polling data and quantitative studies. They have a robust foundational knowledge of public opinion research methods (e.g., polling, focus groups, etc.). It is also critical to show good organizational skills and experience handling multiple projects and workstreams.
- Supports ongoing public opinion research studies (polling and focus groups): Works with the Director of Insights and the Deputy ED of Campaigns to coordinate research needs internally and externally with polling vendors and Climate Power staff.
- Produces briefs and research background documents: Assists the Director of Insights in drafting polling and research landscape assessments, polling briefs, research presentations, and/or insight memos for distribution to Climate Power staff, partners, allies, donors, and key stakeholders.
- Assists in managing research stakeholders: Works closely with the Director of Insights to organize stakeholders for briefing sessions, workshops, and presentations.
- Assists in producing impact reports: Keeps track of how Climate Power’s public opinion research products are impacting the climate advocacy space by producing quarterly impact reports.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as need and capacity dictate.
- 3 years of relevant prior work experience. Relevant experience may include, but is not limited to:Drafting questionnaires and research protocols in a political, advocacy, or market research context; OR Working with datasets, analyzing data, and producing reports and insights in a political, advocacy, or market research context; OR Working closely with external consultants, pollsters, or research vendors to oversee and facilitate the research process with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work. Experience managing multiple projects with a multitude of stakeholders is a strong plus.
- Ability to communicate information in a clear, compelling manner, be it verbally, graphically, or in writing.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people, communities, and partners.
- If you do not meet all of the requirements and believe you are a good fit, we encourage you to apply, but be sure to uplift all experience that aligns with both our essential and desired qualifications.
Location & Hours of Operations
- Climate Power is a remote-first organization based in Washington, DC. This position can be located anywhere in the United States, but must be able to work Monday - Friday, 9 am - 6 pm EST, plus weekends and evenings as the work dictates.
- Climate Power offers a competitive compensation package including an experience-based salary (please ensure that all relevant experience is included on your resume) and comprehensive benefits, including the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance 100% paid for employee 50% for their dependents
- Unlimited Paid Time off, including every other Friday and extended summer, fall, and winter breaks
- 401(k) with 5% match
- Education Assistance, including student loan repayment program
- Sabbatical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly Tech Allowance
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Work From Home Stipend for home office furniture
- Employee Wellness & Treat Yourself Funds
$70,000 - $83,371 a year
Based on experience.
Our Hiring Timeline and Process
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and will continue to interview until the position is filled (posting will remain up until the position is filled).
An ideal start date would be before or by the end of February 2024. This is a temporary position and is expected to run through November 30, 2024. Climate Power has retained Job Plugs to manage this hiring process, including related communications.
Our interview process will involve 3 rounds of interviews, ranging in length from 30-60 minutes. All interviews will be conducted via Google Meets or Zoom. Successful candidates who move forward in the hiring process will be invited to complete a skills assessment activity (for which they will receive compensation) and undergo a vetting process, including reference and background checks, to ensure cultural and political alignment.
Climate Power is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
Additionally, Climate Power is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Climate Power will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations for the interview and hiring process.
If reasonable accommodation is needed in the interview process, please email@example.com. Requests for updates in the hiring/interview process should not be sent to this email.