Senior Associate, Clean Energy Economy
Full Time, Temporary /
About Climate Power
Climate Power is a strategic communications organization focused on winning the politics of climate. We’re educating Americans about our climate progress, highlighting how clean energy investments benefit local communities, and holding Big Oil accountable for polluting our air and water. We use data-backed messages to pave a path for bold action and shine a light on the price of ignoring the climate crisis would cost our health, economy, and future generations.
It’s our job to tell the story of how climate action and clean energy investment are rebuilding our economy, lowering energy costs, and protecting our planet for future generations. We call out disinformation from bad actors like the Big Oil lobby, and make the climate stakes real for voters. Learn more about our organization and work here: Climate Power: Who We Are!
About This Role
Climate Power is seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate to support the organization’s clean energy economy campaigns. The Senior Associate will report to the Senior Advisor for Clean Energy Economy and work with key stakeholders across the organization to help build and maintain partner relationships that help translate clean energy policy progress into public demand that will cement climate action and build power for future policy wins.
The Senior Associate will regularly send content, messaging guidance, and research updates to Climate Power’s partner network of clean energy messengers across communications platforms and coordinate on amplification and engagement opportunities that advance our clean energy progress campaign goals.
- Work with the Senior Advisor for Clean Energy Economy and the digital and political teams to build out Climate Power’s content and messaging distribution network to scale the impact of our clean energy economy work.
- Help ensure that Climate Power's key clean energy economy narratives, products, and research are reaching target audiences where they are, across communications platforms through partner relationships with key political stakeholders and prominent influencers who support clean energy progress.
- Draft clean energy economy program memos, materials, and guidance for partners.
- Build and maintain our clean energy partner relationships within DM groups, Slack channels, Signal groups, email lists, and more.
- Work with Climate Power’s business and labor consultants to track and maintain outreach efforts to clean energy business leaders, labor leaders, and clean energy advocates.
- Assist with project management and maintaining and updating our contact management spreadsheets, dashboards, and other tracking systems as needed.
- Assist with drafting impact reports for donors and other key internal and external stakeholders to track and document progress on our clean energy economy campaigns.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as need and capacity dictate.
- 3 years of relevant prior work experience in political partnerships, digital organizing, or communications.
- Must be able to work independently but also collaboratively with diverse groups of people, communities, and partners.
- Ability to communicate information in a clear, compelling manner, be it verbally, graphically, or in writing.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work.
- Willingness to stay up to date on best practices and trends relative to the work and projects in their purview.
- Strong strategic and writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Workplace, and content management systems.
- Experience in climate, clean energy, or environmental justice work.
- Experience in social media strategy and drafting social media content.
- If you do not meet all of the requirements and believe you are a good fit, we encourage you to apply but be sure to uplift all experience that aligns with our essential and desired qualifications.
Location & Hours of Operations
- Climate Power is a remote-first organization based in Washington, DC. This position can be located anywhere in the United States, but must be able to work Monday - Friday, 9 am - 6 pm EST, plus weekends and evenings as the work dictates.
- Climate Power offers a competitive compensation package including an experience-based salary (please ensure that all relevant experience is included on your resume) and comprehensive benefits, including the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance 100% paid for employee 50% for their dependents
- Unlimited Paid Time off, including every other Friday and extended summer, fall, and winter breaks
- 401(k) with 5% match
- Education Assistance, including student loan repayment program
- Sabbatical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly Tech Allowance
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Work From Home Stipend for home office furniture
- Employee Wellness & Treat Yourself Funds
$70,000 - $83,371 a year
Based on experience.
Our Hiring Timeline and Process
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and will continue to interview until the position is filled (posting will remain up until the position is filled).
An ideal start date would be on or before February 26, 2024. This is a temporary position and is expected to run through November 30, 2024. Climate Power has retained Job Plugs to manage this hiring process, including related communications.
Our interview process will involve 3 rounds of interviews, ranging in length from 30-60 minutes. All interviews will be conducted via Google Meets or Zoom. Successful candidates who move forward in the hiring process will be invited to complete a skills assessment activity (for which they will receive compensation) and undergo a vetting process, including reference and background checks, to ensure cultural and political alignment.
Climate Power is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
Additionally, Climate Power is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Climate Power will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations for the interview and hiring process.
If reasonable accommodation is needed in the interview process, please firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for updates in the hiring/interview process should not be sent to this email.