Product and Engineering /
Who We Are
Climb Credit (NMLS# 1240013) is an innovative student financing and payments platform that makes career-advancing education more accessible, affordable, and accountable than ever before.
Climb identifies programs and schools with a demonstrated ability to improve the earnings of their graduates. Climb partners with schools that teach everything from cybersecurity to healthcare, heavy machine operation to data science, and culinary arts to coding.
We provide learners with financing and payment options that are priced and structured to meet the unique needs of those seeking career elevation and increased earning power.
Climb Credit’s mission is to expand access to career advancing education and we aim to do this for all communities. Therefore, we are committed to building a workforce that’s a representation of our learners. Climb fosters an inclusive work environment to all its employees; We celebrate diverse representation and diverse thinking.
To further this commitment, we’ve set a goal to promote inclusivity and equity in our workplace internally and with schools and financing providers externally. We do this through our company DEI Taskforce meetings to work through these initiatives. Climb acknowledges its power in providing access to educational opportunities and the positive impact of diversity, which is why we have taken on this commitment to push forward this work. We encourage our employees to be their most authentic selves and strive to create, nurture and sustain an inclusive culture for our employees and learners.
- Drive access and inclusivity
- Build a better system
- Own the solution
- Iterate and experiment
- Succeed together
We are looking for an engineering leader who is excited to join a fast-growing startup in a management role.
The ideal candidate will have a strong computer science background and a proven track record of leading development teams on scalable, reliable products that deliver real value to users.
Being mission-driven and focused on problem-solving is more valued thanknowing a specific language or tech stack.
- Operate as a player-coach building software as well as building your team.
- Architect creative and technically robust solutions to the product challenges we face.
- Build and maintain strategies to automate performance, regression, and unit testing of the software.
- Advocate for technology and be the primary point of contact within your domain
- Collaborate with internal engineering teams, product management, and engineering leadership to align on and understand the problems we want to solve
- Work with the team to explore and coach how we can solve problems, often via real-time conversations in Slack or Zoom, and with asynchronous communication
- Communicate /effectively to support internal users, and inform stakeholders of progress as well as system status and team health
- Conduct 1:1s with direct reports to provide regular feedback and ensure career growth and progression, coordinating work within the team and stakeholders, building relationships, and identifying opportunities and areas of improvement
- Ensure the team produces good architectural design outcomes, resilient systems, and quality code
- Ensure the team iteratively ships features and bug fixes; balancing speed to market with future velocity
Your Background & Skills
- 4+ years of Software Development experience
- Experience in fintech, finance, or financial services industry preferred
- A proven track record of leading development on scalable, reliable products that deliver real value to users
- Experience as a software developer to build products for web and backend
- Willingness to experiment with and learn new technologies, while still building a codebase that will be robust and sustainable for the long haul
- Ability to think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of the software
- Excited to learn and understand business objectives, and help ensure that our products deliver value to students and schools
- Values diverse, inclusive teams and creating an environment where people of all identities, experiences, and backgrounds can thrive
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and fluid small-team environment at a growing company
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional, detail-oriented, and energetic personality
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- Company equity
- Annual education stipend
- Work from Home stipend
- Health benefits (coverage for medical, dental, and vision costs, life insurance, and more)
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work
- "Light Meeting Fridays" year-round
- "Summer Friday" afternoons off
- Paid parental leave
- In-person and virtual team events
- DoorDash Wednesdays
- 401k with company match
Climb Credit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.