Las Vegas, Nevada
Operations and Student Success
At Climb, we’re building a new type of student lending company: one that we would want to use and one that always finances an education benefiting the student.
We started Climb because the status quo for funding traditional higher education doesn't work. Students graduate deeply in debt, never earning enough to pay back their loans.
Climb is different. We work with leading schools and educational platforms around the country, scouring the nation to find the best sources of high ROI education - education that not only works, but is affordable. Our platform enables students to afford modern, transformative education delivered in an efficient and sustainable fashion.
Overview of Role
Operations Associates are on the front lines of the student loan process. They are the smart, resourceful and relentlessly cheerful people who work directly with borrowers to help them get an education. As they learn about the process, they have direct input into the product development process, enabling constant improvement of our technology platform. Our Operations Associates become consumer credit experts and have a significant opportunity both at Climb and beyond.
Your Background and Skills:
- Excellent troubleshooting, documentation, and communication skills—both oral and written
- Experience with a support ticket system
- Ability to act in a responsive and sensitive manner to all customer inquiries
- Superb phone, live chat, and email etiquette
- Ability to think outside of the box and find creative ways to solve problems
- A work style that’s self-directed; you can work autonomously and as part of a team
- You can work weekends and holidays as needed based on business demands
- Excellent listening & communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build trust and strong relationships
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
As part of the Operations and Student Success team, you will:
- Serve as the first and most important point of contact for students
- Provide support across multiple teams, including but not limited to Finance, Accounting, Sales, Marketing, and Product Management
- Taking ownership of and juggling any number of projects at once
- Provide guidance, answers, assistance with payments to students and schools via phone, email, live chat, and text
- Support student application processing, ensuring fast decisions and compliance with laws and regulations
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve student and school experience and operational processes
- Counsel delinquent consumers to assist in finding funds to meet their payment obligations
- Streamline processes and create and/or improve on existing process documentation
Benefits and Perks:
- Unlimited PTO
- Unlimited snacks
- Catered lunch on Friday
- Flexible work from home policy
- Equity in a fast growing startup
- $20-$25 per hour (based on experience), OT eligible
We’ve raised hundreds of millions of dollars of lending capital from financiers such as The Blackstone Group and Goldman Sachs. We are currently 30 passionate technologists and business people excited to be changing the face of modern education.