Senior Backend Engineer
Cloaked is a privacy startup dedicated to rebuilding consumer trust in how personal data is used. Our vision is to create an internet that serves the needs of its user first and foremost—with individual privacy and opt-in at the core. Our product is a virtual cloak that you use as you visit any website — Facebook, Amazon , etc. — that lets you choose to share some, all, or none of your private information.
It’s the dawn of a new day on the internet. We have a world class team, and are looking for A+ talented people to join our mission.
What You Will Be Doing
- Leading the overall roadmap and architecture of the systems you own, identifying improvements that will enable new functionality and features.
- Taking responsibility for the stability and uptime of the systems you own.
- Laying foundations to scale the system to the next 10x and 100x level within the next few years.
- Collaborating with cross-functional groups - backend, frontend, design, product, customer engagement, and growth to build an innovative product.
- Build a scalable and secure platform designed for robust, user-first, frontend infrastructure.
- Designing and implementing new technologies and features to support our fast growing user base.
- Building infrastructure to support a modern cloud application with broad integration capacities.
What We Need
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- 5+ years industry experience building and maintaining high-quality software.
- Exceptionally strong in Django/Python.
- Experience building scalable platforms
- Track record of leading high-quality designs, code, tools, and large-scale systems.
- Experience building and deploying robust and secure web APIs.
What We Like
- Passionate about security and internet ethics
- ML experience or interest
- Experience in DevOps and CI/CD
- Knowledge of cloud application security models
- Curiosity for industry trends and technological advancements in software
- Startup or growth-stage experience.
Innovation: Read things that are not yet on the page.
Risk-Taking: Don’t give in to the status quo just because it’s the easiest thing to do.
Reliable: Be the reason why we can change the world faster, not the reason something is delayed.
Privacy: If you want some things to be kept private, you have the right to do so.
Trust: Be honest and credible.