Frontend Engineer (Browser Plugin / Extension)
Cloaked is a privacy startup dedicated to rebuilding consumer trust in how personal data is used. Our vision is to create an internet that serves the needs of its user first and foremost—with individual privacy and opt-in at the core. Our product is a virtual cloak that you use as you visit any website — Facebook, Amazon , etc. — that lets you choose to share some, all, or none of your private information.
It’s the dawn of a new day on the internet. We have a world class team, and are looking for A+ talented people to join our mission.
What You Will Be Doing
- Architecting efficient front-end solutions for complex browser based extensions and web applications
- Setting up integrations with 3rd party APIs
- Building reusable UI components and solving UI-related performance problems
- Optimizing for page performance, loading speeds and stability to our end users
- Creating frameworks for visual automated tests that verify integrations work as expected
- Collaborating with cross-functional groups - backend, frontend, design, product, customer engagement, and growth to build an innovative product
- Designing and implementing new technologies and features to support our fast growing user base
- Leading the overall roadmap and architecture of the systems you own, identifying improvements that will enable new functionality and features
What We Need
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Knowledgeable about the fundamental building blocks in web browsers, with HTML/CSS experience
- Excellent understanding of APIs and experience integrating with large 3rd party platforms
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles, including React Hooks and ContextExperience with unit testing, Git, Github, and other DevOps and CI/CD tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Webpack, Yarn, etc
- Experience creating or maintaining JSON Web APIs backed by relational databases
- Comfortable with MVC, Dependency Injection and ORM concepts
- Familiar with browser based web storage APIs such as WebSQL, IndexedDB, localStorage
What We Like
- Passionate about security and internet ethics
- Proficiency with browser plugin and extension development (Chrome, Firefox, Safari) is a plus
- Curious about industry trends and technological advancements in software
- Constant learner with interest in forefront of browser technologies
- Startup or growth-stage experience.
- Enjoys teaching, explaining, mentoring and sharing information
- Interest in tracking and analytics
Innovation: Read things that are not yet on the page.
Risk-Taking: Don’t give in to the status quo just because it’s the easiest thing to do
Reliable: Be the reason why we can change the world faster, not the reason something is delayed.
Privacy: If you want some things to be kept private, you have the right to do so.
Trust: Be honest and credible.