Senior Visual Designer
Cloaked is on a mission to bring humanity to the internet. We deserve control over what the internet sees, knows, and tracks about us. Cloaked is putting our privacy in our hands.
At Cloaked we are people-first. We surround ourselves with amazing characters. Are you passionate about technology? Do you believe we all deserve privacy from prying eyes? Are you a little nerdy, quirky, and does the idea of technology helping people build stronger, more authentic connections excite you? Then Cloaked is where you should be.
At Cloaked, Customer Experience defines and drives our product. As a Senior Visual Designer, you'll be working within Customer Experience. You'll enable both Brand & Product Design teams to concept, and design powerful user experiences. You'll interface daily with development engineers, and work closely with our Lead Product Designer.
This role is for someone proven to deliver across multiple mediums. We are looking for a designer to make beautiful things that are user-centric. You should tell stories and design features with strong attention to detail. You should have the ability to manage your own time and priorities.
In this role, you're constantly exploring aesthetics and style. You're completing work for both brand and product design.
What you'll do for the brand
• Co-own visual design direction of the brand, expanding and exploring creative ways to grow the brand identity online, and within the product
• Build on our brand and digital style across web, app store(s), social media, marketing initiatives, and email
• Experiment on how the brand can be pushed further into the suite of digital products provided to our customers
• Coordinate with contractors to execute unique branding materials including explainer videos, product animation demonstrations, photography and video, and product marketing
What you'll do for product design
• Support designing features for digital products at Cloaked including an Android and iOS mobile application, marketing website, web application, and browser plugin
• Prepare pixel-perfect user interfaces (UI) to deliver our engineers for build
• Participate in an agile development process
• Collaborate closely with engineers, product managers, and designers
What you'll bring to Cloaked
• Minimum 6+ years working across brand design and product design at an agency or consumer-facing design-centric organization
• Able to build visual design specifications and style guides
• Well versed in mobile responsive/reactive/molecular web design
• Strong knowledge of iOS and Android components along with overall best practices in Information Architecture (IA) and type sizing
• Strong background in user experience/user interface design with visual design as a focal point
• History working within an agile/lean team environment
• A powerful portfolio of past work
As a designer you demonstrate:
+ Curiosity: You are always researching new products and styles of digital storytelling
+ Passion: You love what you do. You design impactful and successful user interfaces that reinforce the power of a brand. You are never short of opinions and always have a passion for any design solution you create.
+ Meticulous: You care about the details in your practice, it’s a craft. An 8pt pixel grid means 32pt spacing—not 33pts—and if you don’t get what we mean, well…
+ Ship-minded: You like to see what you've designed translated into reality.
What will help you stand out
• Do you have strong writing skills?
• Do you have any animation experience?
• Do you have any illustration skills?