** Disclaimer: We have recently filled the DevOps positions and are not actively hiring for this role at the moment. However, we are still taking applications for future openings.
At Close.io we’re building the sales communication platform of the future. We’ve built a next-generation CRM that eliminates manual data entry and helps sales teams close more deals. We are hiring engineers to help us unify the world's sales calls and emails into one beautiful workflow. We are a ~25 person remote team that is profitable and building a product our customers love.
Our backend tech stack currently includes Ubuntu, Python (Flask, Gunicorn, TaskTiger), Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, New Relic, Docker/Kubernetes, and Puppet on AWS (EC2, ELB, RDS, ElastiCache, S3, CloudFormation, VPC, etc.). Our backend primarily serves a well-documented public API that our front-end consumes.
We're looking for a full-time dev-ops person to join our core team who has significant experience configuring, managing, and monitoring servers and backend services at scale.
Come help us with projects like...
- Improve API performance
- Tune our MySQL database, diagnosing capacity issues and causes of deadlocks
- Tighten up security of our servers
- Automate more processes
- Setup autoscaling of our workers
- Make our deployments faster and safer
- Scale our Elasticsearch and MongoDB clusters to support our growing data sizes
- Make sure our backup and recovery procedures are well tested
- Implement a centralized logging system
- Instrument our application with more metrics and create dashboards
- Remove single points of failure in our architecture
- Help us design and build microservices
- Build a great culture, product, and business as one of the first 15 engineering hires
- Have real world experience building scalable systems, working with large data sets, and troubleshooting various back-end challenges under pressure
- Have significant experience with *nix, Python, MySQL, bash, and Puppet or similar back-end systems and frameworks
- Have experience configuring monitoring, logging, and other tools to provide visibility and actionable alerts
- Have experience with containers and microservices
- Understand the full web stack, networking, and low level Unix computing
- Always be thinking of ways improve reliability, performance, and scalability of an infrastructure
- Be self-motivated and comfortable with responsibility
Why work with us?
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world! Just be willing to do a bit of traveling twice a year for some face-to-face time with the whole team.
- For personal growth: help build a truly successful SaaS company with a stellar team where you can have a huge impact.
- Above market salary, healthcare, dental, and retirement benefits package.
- Fun company culture that embraces a healthy work/life balance.