Site Reliability Engineer (REMOTE)
At Close.io we’re building the sales communication platform of the future. We’ve built a next-generation CRM that eliminates manual data entry and helps sales teams close more deals. We are hiring engineers to join our DevOps team to help take our platform to the next level by adding new features, providing better performance, and even higher reliability. We are a ~30 person remote team that is profitable and building a product our customers love.
Our backend tech stack currently consists of Python Flask/Gunicorn web apps with our TaskTiger scheduler handling many of the backend asynchronous processing tasks. Our data stores include MongoDB, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Redis. Our infrastructure runs on AWS using a combination of managed services like RDS and ElastiCache as well as EC2 instances managed by Puppet. These EC2 instances run everything from our databases to our Kubernetes clusters.
We're looking for a full-time DevOps Engineer to join our core team who has significant experience building, managing, and monitoring infrastructure and backend services at scale.
Come help us with projects like...
- Building out our Kubernetes infrastructure to include additional services, increased redundancy/scalability, and harnessing new k8s features
- Scale our Elasticsearch and MongoDB clusters to support our data growth
- Tune our MySQL and PostgreSQL databases
- Improve our public Close.io API performance and resiliency
- Tighten security across our infrastructure
- Implement autoscaling techniques that balance performance, workload demands and costs
- Improve our CI/CD process making builds/deployments faster and safer
- Further develop our Prometheus/Grafana monitoring infrastructure
- Enhance our Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana (ELK) logging stack
- Have real world experience building scalable systems, working with large data sets, and troubleshooting various back-end challenges under pressure
- Have significant experience with *nix, Python, bash, and Puppet or similar backend systems and frameworks
- Experience working with large databases running on MySQL, PostgreSQL, and/or Mongo
- Have experience configuring monitoring, logging, and other tools to provide visibility and actionable alerts
- Enjoy automating processes using Python, bash, Puppet, or other scripting languages
- Have experience with Docker containers and microservices
- Understand the full web stack, networking, and low level Unix computing
- Always be thinking of ways to improve reliability, performance, and scalability of the infrastructure
- Be self-motivated and comfortable with responsibility
Why work with us?
- Our story and team retreat video!
- Stellar team reviews on Glassdoor
- Work remotely and create your own schedule (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Enjoy face-to-face time with the whole team on all-expense paid retreats 2x year.
- Experience building a truly successful SaaS company with a dedicated, small team where you can have a huge impact
- Above market salary
- Excellent medical & dental coverage, including 99% paid premiums and HSA option (**US residents)
- Matching 401k (**US residents)