Head of Content (100% Remote)
At Close, we’re building the sales communication platform of the future. We’ve built a next-generation CRM that eliminates manual data entry and helps sales teams close more deals. We’re a ~60 person distributed team, profitable, and building a product our customers love.
Since the company’s inception, content has been the biggest marketing channel for Close. A deep understanding of the needs, interests, and pain points of our customers and audience has made Close one of the leading online authorities on sales and sales processes. We strive to ensure that every piece of content is story-driven/relatable, actionable, and above all, useful.
We’re seeking an experienced content marketing leader to oversee all content marketing initiatives across multiple platforms and formats to drive engagement, retention, leads, and brand awareness. The ideal candidate is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, marketing data/analytics, and meaningful measurement.
Additionally, the Head of Content will manage the existing content team and lead the hiring efforts for team expansion in the future.
Sound like YOU? We've listed the primary responsibilities of this role below.
Crafting and implementing a holistic, data-driven content strategy:
- Evangelize our unique approach to sales via high-quality content
- Own positive growth on our main content platforms: Blog, content resources, video content, social media (see “Performance” below).
- Optimize our ongoing content strategy, with an emphasis on funnel position (TOFU, MOFU, BOFU) and content promotion/distribution. Continuous evolvement of this strategy using data is essential.
- Synthesize marketing data and relay it to the content team to inform future plans and initiatives.
- Ensure that the strategy is understood across the marketing team and tie in content efforts to other marketing initiatives whenever possible.
Team management and expansion:
- The Head of Content will manage our current content team and lead the hiring efforts for new team members. The content team is 3 strong today but we’re aiming to double that team size in the next 12 months. As a servant leader for your team, you’ll ensure that each team member is set up for success and can accomplish the goals set before them. Jump in and assist if/when needed.
- Develop standards and systems for content creation, distribution/promotion, and content repurposing.
- Ensure that each content team member understands content’s impact on goals and hold them accountable for their impact. Continuously work to develop their skills and expertise.
- Host regularly occurring 1:1s with your team, with a focus on their work satisfaction/happiness, any known issues, and future plans.
- Lead efforts to expand the content team (both full-time employees and contractors). This may include (but is not limited to) identifying gaps on the team, outbound prospecting for new hires, interviewing, and ultimately, hiring.
Alignment with the broader Close team:
- Actively measure, manage, and optimize the performance of content and the content team
- Traffic growth via content (with an emphasis on organic traffic)
- Growth of new leads generated via content
- New trials influenced by content engagement
- 8+ years of experience in online marketing (with 5+ years in a people management role).
- Previously led content efforts at a B2B SaaS company.
- Demonstrated history of using content to impact a business’ bottom line (traffic, trials, customers, etc). We’d love to hear about these experiences.
- Experience in team leadership best practices, marketing data analysis, content editing/writing, content promotion and distribution (social, communities, partnerships, etc)
- Project management (especially in regards to the content calendar and allocating team resources)
- SEO (both on the content and technical side – page speed, metadata, accessibility, schema)
- Sales and marketing funnels and segmentation
- Visual content with a strong eye for design
- Positive, no-drama, high-energy approach to your work.
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ✈️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Co-working stipend
- Revenue Share (after 1 year)
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative 🌍❤️
- Our story and team 🚀
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practice a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our business - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 16 countries located in 5 of the 7 continents -- looking at you Antarctica and Australia ;-) ….. We’re a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our global community.
Our team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 17 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our people and help our customers become more successful.
Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Each application will receive two screens by two different reviewers. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we'll be moving forward.