Product Marketing Manager (100% Remote) European or American Time Zone
Americas or European Time Zone
At Close, we're building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals (faster). Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of 39 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We are seeking a Product Marketing Manager that will be instrumental in defining our product and market positioning and will take ownership of growing our customer base and platform adoption through a wide range of marketing efforts.
This position requires a highly motivated individual with previous experience leading product marketing and GTM strategy, and who is comfortable in a fast-moving environment. The successful candidate will be customer-oriented, self-motivated and results-driven.
You have a knack for understanding people. You ask a lot of questions. You’re decisive.
As Product Marketing Manager at Close, your primary job is to understand our customer— what motivates them, what makes their job difficult, and what simply delights them. You will take these constant and ongoing learnings and deftly apply them to the way we position our brand and product to the world. After all, product marketing is at its very core, “people marketing”.
Your previous experience creating successful go-to-market plans (from high-level strategy down to tactical execution) will enable you to oversee the rollout of all new products and feature updates.
Sometimes you’ll be looking at our product marketing from a high level view—say, determining our key objectives for the quarter or the year. Other days, you may be down in the weeds yourself, writing landing page copy or working with others on the marketing team to run A/B conversion tests on site. You’re comfortable—and happy—doing both.
What you don’t know, you’ll openly admit, but then you’ll get to work figuring it out (asking others for help and/or digging deep on your own). Your self-motivation and a relentless drive to learn/do more are appreciated by all. You pride yourself on being a “clever thinker”. You’re comfortable talking with and working alongside our product, sales, development, and customer success teams. You understand your critical part in the overall machine, graciously accepting thoughts and feedback from others while offering your own expertise where you can. You pride yourself on being “overly communicative” -- keeping everyone up to date with the latest product marketing wins, losses, and initiatives.
You are comfortable working remotely as part of a small team, with a high level of autonomy. You can devise your own schedule and effectively manage your workload based on the biggest opportunities and company objectives.
When you’re in the wrong or make a mistake you can admit it. You can articulate why it happened and how you’ve learned from the experience.
You are in a European or American timezone.
Above all, you understand that your success—and our success—hinges on the satisfaction and loyalty of our customers.
About The Role
You will be responsible for championing the features and benefits of the Close sales platform through our marketing messaging and market positioning. You’ll work closely with Danny (Director of Marketing) and our motley crew of marketing crushers.
Just some of the things that will come across your [metaphorical] desk…
- Product marketing impact on new trial signups (On-site testing and website updates, email marketing campaigns, increase inquiries from software review and industry sites)
- Product adoption (free to paid + user activation within app)
- Product launch/update success metrics (per launch)
“Product superstar, that is what you are…”
- Develop messaging, positioning, and competitive differentiation of our products in the SaaS/sales market. Own all on-site messaging. Devise the go-to-market strategy for all product launches and feature updates. Oversee the tactical execution of each GTM strategy.
- Stay on top of the latest trends and tech advancements in the sales and CRM space. Communicate these learnings across the organization, including to our Product, Customer Success, and Development teams.
- Identify new verticals and areas for business and product expansion. Champion all marketing efforts that relate to these growth initiatives.
Corner the market[ing]
- Own the product messaging in all of our marketing campaigns and corresponding collateral, which may include, but is not limited to, email, social media, blog posts, sales enablement content, and landing pages.
- Dive deep into our customer acquisition strategy and execution, driving new trial sign-ups via smart, empathetic product/feature messaging and content. Must be comfortable devising and executing tactics to bring customers down the sales funnel.
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure that these brand and product value propositions are communicated consistently across everything we do.
- Work alongside Product and Customer Success teams to identify key verticals, customer personas/roles, and geos for nuture/expansion. Define and produce the content for SEO-optimized industry-specific landing pages, CRM comparison pages, paid/display ads, other marketing materials, to effectively reach these cohorts.
- Identify marketing website tests and updates to increase visitor conversion rate (visitor to trial signup). This includes, but is not limited to, A/B testing via copy and messaging, videos/images, and modifications to page designs.
- Work alongside the marketing content team to identify middle and bottom of the funnel content opportunities such as product-focused white papers, blog posts, videos, and more.
- Develop, nurture, and execute on partnerships with other vendors in the B2B SaaS and product space (online co-promotions, co-branded content, event sponsorship, etc).
- Champion our customers via the collection and production of testimonials, case studies, and customer profiles (determining the best way to showcase them -- images, video, etc).
- Generate verified product reviews from our customers for product comparison and online community websites like Capterra, G2Crowd, and Quora. Monitor and ensure our visibility on these, and other, SaaS review/comparison sites.
- 4+ years experience working within a tech or SaaS organization (extra points if B2B, extra extra points if you can show a correlation between your work and company growth during your time there)
- 2+ years in a product marketing role, with a track record of successfully taking products to market (devising and executing a GTM strategy)
- Project management expertise—can coordinate and juggle a variety of projects from conception through production and ensure alignment with other internal teams (Product, Customer Success, Sales, etc).
- EXPERT command of the English language (written and verbal), with the ability to write in a wide variety of styles. Must be a copywriting pro—masterfully creating short, value-packed, relatable content to drive new conversions.
- Foundational knowledge of common marketing analytics and campaign management platforms (analytics, popular ESPs, ad networks, social platforms, etc)
- Front-end coding (HTML/CSS/JS, GitHub)
- Design and video (editing, Photoshop, graphics creation, etc)
- Familiarity with SaaS finance and reporting
Bonus points for the following skill sets:
- 100% remote (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x annual team retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video)
- Competitive salary
- 7 weeks PTO (includes company-wide winter holiday break)
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
- $200/month co-working stipend
- Paid parental leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 99% premiums paid for excellent medical and dental coverage, including an HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 4% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Our story and team 🚀
- Glassdoor Reviews
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our organization - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 13 countries and 16 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community.
This team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 10 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.