We are looking for an innovative technical writer to create, manage, and organize highly technical customer-facing documentation. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about helping and educating customers as well as using technology to deliver content in innovative formats and modes to a highly technical audience. This role sits at the forefront of customer enablement. When you help customers solve problems, you drive success for them and us. CloudHealth is accelerating the growth to the cloud for some of the largest organizations in the world (Pinterest, Yelp, Twilio, Dow Jones). As the leader in this space, we help organizations and multiple end users solve very complex and very new problems related to cloud-service management.
About You: You are an expert in your current product with a passion for making complex concepts easy for both customers and co-workers. You achieve this through the design, development, and delivery of highly engaging technical documentation in various formats: user guides, FAQs, animations, graphics, and videos.You are highly creative with a technical edge and want the opportunity to immerse yourself in an environment of learning and growth while partnering with smart professionals, working with the latest technology, and collaborating at a fast-moving company.
- Produce, update, and maintain high quality, customer-facing documentation for a deeply technical product used by enterprises and fast-growing technology companies.
- Deliver documentation in various formats: user guides, FAQs, animations, graphics, and videos. Work directly with product management, product marketing, engineering, customer success and external customers to ensure the documentation meets and exceeds customer needs.
- Be a subject matter expert in a complex SaaS cloud service management product.
- Drive documentation as a product, prioritizing and managing both the content and its presentation.
- Be a key stakeholder in defining the vision, strategy, and roadmap for how CloudHealth will meet and exceed its customers’ documentation needs.
- Bring innovation and experimentation to product documentation.
- Develop trackable metrics to quantify the success of our execution and drive adjustments.
- Evaluate third-party technologies as required in support of the documentation strategy.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field. 3 to 5+ years experience of researching, writing, editing, and reviewing product documentation and/or content in support of a technical product.
- 2 to 4+ years experience as a subject matter expert of a SaaS product. Proven ability to work across an organization, with strong communication and influence skills.
- Experience doing content audits, metadata management, and search-engine optimization.
- Familiarity with Markdown; static site generators like Jekyll, Hugo, or Middleman; and GitHub is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with cloud computing, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform, is a strong plus.
Our benefits don't stop with competitive salaries, 401K plans, comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life/disability insurance or flexible PTO.
To give everyone a stake in the business, we ensure everyone gets equity. Plus, there's the usual good stuff like Commuter & Gym reimbursements, Apple hardware, Free snacks, lunches, and beer. Have a well behaved, office friendly pooch? We heart dogs - so bring em' in!