Backend Engineer - Image & Video Processing
Cloudinary is the leading provider of media management solutions, powering the trusted, award-winning visual experiences for many of your favorite brands. Cloudinary is the de facto media platform standard for developers and brand managers looking to upload, store, transform, manage, and deliver images and videos online. With over 50 billion assets managed, up to 2000 pieces of content processed by algorithms each second, and a $1B valuation, Cloudinary is quickly becoming the visual media layer of the Internet. We are at an exciting stage, rapidly expanding its product offering, entering new market segments, extending the customer base, and feature over 8,000 customers including household names like Nike, Peloton, and Neiman Marcus.
We offer a values-driven, supportive environment in which you will constantly learn and evolve; a place where your ideas will be embraced and pursued. We are proud of our collaborative, and growth-minded work culture, being included in Forbes Cloud’s top 100 three times in a row, and a multi-time winner of the “Best Place to Work” award.
As a member of the Media Manipulation team, you will help enhance, design, own, and maintain Cloudinary’s core Media Processing pipeline, which generates and processes thousands of new images and videos per second.
We are looking for a new talented team member who's passionate about the world of video and image processing. Who’s a self-learner that quickly grasps new concepts and skills and loves tackling untrivial technical challenges relevant for our domain, both through introducing new code and tools as well as utilizing and tweaking existing ones.
- Developing new image & video related features using an industry-standard set of tools
- Leading an end to end solutions from requirements to production
- Implementation of in-house solutions and integration with CTO services
- Experiment with new tools, 3rd party libraries, and frameworks
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with at least one strongly typed language (C/C++/Ruby/Python/Rust/etc’)
- 4+ years of experience in application design and development
- Experience in working with high scale, distributed cloud-based architectures
- Working as part of a team
- Eager to learn new skills and concepts related to the domain of media processing
- Mathematical or Graphical background (a big plus)
- Experience with Cloud services (AWS/ Google/ Azure cloud)
- Software development in CI/CD process
- Experience with image processing software such as ImageMagick, OpenCV, and such
- Experience with video processing software such as ffmpeg, VLC, and the likes
Cloudinary is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing a diverse workforce.