Senior Quality Inspector
Factory – Quality /
Who are CloudNC?
CloudNC's mission is to make single-click manufacture a reality.
We build software that automates control of CNC machines - metalcutting robots that make >$1Trn of components every year, for anything from aircraft to iPhones to cars.
Worldwide over 100 million hours are spent painstakingly programming these incredible machines by hand every year, and we believe this is a colossal waste of human time and talent in an industry already facing an existential skills crisis. Our software, CAM Assist, brings one-click automation to CNC machining.
Our world-class team, with tier 1 financial backers including Atomico, Autodesk and Lockheed Martin, combines expertise in computer science and physical manufacturing, from our locations in London and Chelmsford.
We are scaling from Series B to C at pace and are fully funded for this growth.
Senior Quality Inspector
As the Senior Quality Inspector you will provide quality control support to the production team by troubleshooting using an array of in depth inspection techniques on a daily basis. We have a high mix environment, so you will be need to be comfortable working with a broad spectrum of parts. This role is a key part of the quality team ensuring CloudNC's reputation for quality is maintained at a high standard.
You'll support adherence to quality standards by approving materials, in-process production and finished parts. In addition to manual inspection work, you will lead a small team within the metrology department and be responsible for the operating and programming of the CMM (Co-ordinate Measuring Machines) using PCDMIS & CAMEO to ensure work can be inspected with detail, care and efficiency. You will also complete non-conformance reporting (NCMR's) and report on weekly quality data and maintain it accurately.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a quality inspector within the precision engineering industry - Aerospace preferred.
- A good working knowledge of CMMs, handheld metrology instruments and first off inspections.
- The ability to program on CMM machinery.
- Experience with PC-DMIS.
- The ability to explain and deliver inspection results to project managers, team leaders and occasionally customers.
- Relevant qualifications withing Design and/or Metrology and/or Engineering.
- Working knowledge of carrying out Optical Tracking inspections using 3D scanner.
- Conduct precise product inspections, ensuring compliance with drawings and documentation for FAIRs, meeting AS9102 and customer benchmarks.
- Manage a small team of Inspection staff
- Foster effective communication with suppliers, gathering accurate and timely data for seamless FAIR submissions.
- Maintain and update documentation pertinent to FAIRs and process quality, contributing to a culture of continuous improvement.
- Manage non-conforming material via the MRP system, raising Defect Material Reports (DMR) and Non-Conformance Reports (NCR).
- Uphold the integrity of the First Article Inspection Database, streamlining vital processes.
- Actively contribute to problem-solving initiatives, participating in root cause analyses and applying corrective and preventive actions.
- Collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams to elevate quality, address customer returns and facilitating 8D problem-solving.
- Conduct thorough product and process audits, showcasing your unwavering commitment to quality initiatives.
- Engage in third-party audits such as CAA, ISO, and FAA, underscoring our dedication to upholding industry standards.
- Represent the company during customer/supplier audits and meetings, effectively addressing quality-related matters.
What you will receive…
In return for your efforts supporting our mission, you will receive the following benefits & perks
● Competitive Salary
● Stock Options!
● Private Healthcare
● 30 Days Annual Leave (incl BH - BH's must be worked unless booked as annual leave)
● Enhanced primary, secondary and adoption parental pay & leave (maternity/paternity)
● Monthly Lunches
● Team Socials
● ThanksBen Benefit - £50 per month
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, valuing individuality and embracing all people. The success of CloudNC is a result of diversity of thought. We recognise this comes from people truly belonging. We encourage different perspectives and skills to collaborate towards our mission - disrupting the manufacturing industry. We celebrate diversity and continually improve our inclusivity efforts.