CNC Production Engineer (CAM Programmer)
Factory – Manufacturing /
Who are CloudNC?
CloudNC's mission is to make single-click manufacture a reality.
We build software that automates control of CNC machines - metal cutting robots that make >$1Trn of components every year, for anything from aircraft to iPhones to cars.
Worldwide over 100 million hours are spent painstakingly programming these incredible machines by hand every year, and we believe this is a colossal waste of human time and talent in an industry already facing an existential skills crisis. Our software, CAM Assist, brings one-click automation to CNC machining.
Our world-class team, with tier 1 financial backers including Atomico, Autodesk and Lockheed Martin, combines expertise in computer science and physical manufacturing, from our locations in London and Chelmsford.
We are scaling from Series B to C at pace and are fully funded for this growth.
Estimation for Quoting:
- Manage requests for quotations submitted by the commercial team in a timely manner.
- Produce time estimates for quotes including, programming time, machine setup & run times, and define tools needed.
- Accurately input estimates within our Factory Operating System.
- Programme our machines
- Generate toolpath design, model preparation and continuous improvements within CAM & CNC.
- Determine the manufacturing process of a new product from the fixture/work holding stage through to the finished product.
- Ensure that the correct tooling is available to complete a job, and order all necessary consumables throughout the production process when required
Proveout of Program:
- Set the machines, reviewing and understanding machining strategies and offer improved solutions which may increase productivity.
- Prove programs to production status.
- Troubleshoot CAM and Machining related issues.
- Offer guidance on design changes to aid the manufacturability of components.
- Offer technical support to the commercial team and our customers.
Culture & Factory Improvement:
- Collaborate with and mentor/train the junior teams e.g. CNC Operators when required.
- Comply with health and safety procedures.
- Contribute to our continuous improvement culture.
- Use our tools and technologies for time tracking, updates and reporting to help us gain data to optimise our algorithms as part of building our own factory management software.
We're a match if:
- You have substantial experience in CNC Milling and have worked across a number of industries giving you exposure to different materials and complex parts. Experience with Mastercam or HyperMILL would be highly advantageous.
- You're proactive when it comes to improving machining strategies and will enjoy sharing your knowledge, coaching others in a collaborative environment.
- You have used your knowledge as a CNC Miller and Programmer to accurately provide quotes to our sales team, estimating CAM programming, machine setup and machining run times, job-specific tooling costs, and additional post processes.
- The ability to offer guidance on design changes that will aid the manufacturing of components would be an added bonus. The use of any internal factory operating system software is also desirable.
What you will receive…
In return for your efforts supporting our mission, you will receive the following benefits & perks
● Competitive Salary
● Stock Options!
● Private Healthcare
● 28 Days Annual Leave
● Enhanced primary, secondary and adoption parental pay & leave (maternity/paternity)
● Monthly Lunches
● Team Socials
● ThanksBen Benefit - £50 per month
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, valuing individuality and embracing all people. The success of CloudNC is a result of diversity of thought. We recognise this comes from people truly belonging. We encourage different perspectives and skills to collaborate towards our mission - disrupting the manufacturing industry. We celebrate diversity and continually improve our inclusivity efforts.