Cloud Infrastructure Developer
cloud.ca – Technical Team /
cloud.ca is a Canadian owned and operated regional Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) Provider. We offer a partner-oriented approach to delivering flexible, software-driven hybrid/multi/edge cloud solutions with true Canadian data sovereignty.
As part of a small and focused team, you will be responsible for developing software solutions that enable our customers to manage their network, storage and compute resources on the cloud.ca platform. cloud.ca is looking for team players with curious minds who are excited about the challenge of building cloud infrastructure. Primarily focusing on the back-end, in this position you will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of Apache CloudStack, an IaaS open source project.
- Collaborate as a key contributor to a Java open source project
- Work closely with an open-source project community
- Work on new services and improve existing services delivered as part of cloud.ca offerings
- Create and maintain test suites at various levels (unit, functional, automated or not)
- Actively participate in increasing the team’s collective knowledge
- Write documentation for various aspects of the project
- Assist our operations to team on troubleshooting application issues
- Excellent knowledge of Java (familiarity with Python, Ruby and/or Golang a plus)
- Proven skills developing REST APIs
- Knowledge of network and storage infrastructure automation strongly desired
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and knowledge of design patterns
- Interest in back-end development
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of the Agile/Kanban methodology
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (French and English)
Why Choose Us?
- Excitement and challenge of working on cutting-edge cloud projects
- Flexible hours, possibility to work from home
- Laptop and cellphone provided
- Casual dress code
- Happy hour after five every Friday
- Group insurance plan
- Employee stock option plan
- Office located in beautiful Old Montreal
Candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to cloud.ca.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.