Cloud Infrastructure Developer
Montreal, Ottawa or Toronto /
cloud.ca – Technical Team /
cloud.ca is a Canadian-owned and operated regional Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) Provider. Our customers are businesses who rely on mission-critical software, focus on automation, and who want to keep their data safe in Canada. cloud.ca is a growing and dynamic company looking for professional individuals to be part of the exploding cloud computing market. We offer a partner-oriented approach to delivering flexible, software-driven hybrid/multi/edge cloud solutions with true Canadian data sovereignty.
What you can expect
As part of a small and focused team, you will be responsible for developing software solutions that enable our customers to manage their network, storage and compute resources on the cloud.ca platform. cloud.ca is looking for team players with curious minds who are excited about the challenge of building cloud infrastructure. Primarily focusing on the back-end, in this position, you will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of Apache CloudStack, an IaaS open source project.
This is a full-time position open to candidates in Eastern Canada. We are currently operating in a remote-first approach.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate as a key contributor to a Java open source project
- Work closely with an open-source project community
- Work on new services and improve existing services delivered as part of cloud.ca offerings
- Create and maintain test suites at various levels (unit, functional, automated or not)
- Actively participate in increasing the team’s collective knowledge
- Write documentation for various aspects of the project
- Assist our Operations team in troubleshooting application issues
What we're looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of Java (familiarity with Python, Ruby and/or Golang, a plus)
- Proven skills in developing REST APIs.
- Knowledge of network and storage infrastructure automation is strongly desired.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and knowledge of design patterns
- Interest in back-end development
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of the Agile/Kanban methodology
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and adapt to changing requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (French and English)
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to contribute to a meaningful purpose: leverage open-source technologies to develop innovative Canadian IaaS solutions for our customers
- A team of trusting, curious, and supportive individuals that will contribute to evolving your career in the clouds
- A competitive compensation package, including an employee stock option plan and a comprehensive benefits plan
- Ongoing learning and training, with certifications
- Participation in open source and partner communities
- Work-life balance and a flexible schedule
- A remote-first workplace with a collaborative and friendly culture (including a weekly happy hour)
What to expect once you apply:
- You will be invited to join a 30-minute intro call with our recruitment team, and we will walk you through the team's mission, the role, the interview process and requirements.
- We'll ask you to demonstrate your technical capabilities and will invite you to complete a technical quiz.
- You will be invited to join a 30-minute call with the hiring manager to deep dive into the role, team and projects, and they will answer any of your questions.
- The final interview is a 1-hour technical discussion with members of your future team.
Candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to cloud.ca.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.