Operations Support Specialist - Nights & Weekends (Full-time)
Operations – Operations /
CloudTrucks is a virtual trucking carrier in the multi-billion dollar trucking space. This traditional industry is highly fragmented with huge opportunities for products, services and automation. We strive to deliver solutions that help truck drivers to operate with much greater efficiency, increase their revenue, and offload business complexities.
A bit about our team - Our CEO recently led Scotty Labs, an autonomous trucking startup, to an acquisition by DoorDash. We have a talented team of alumni from Microsoft, Uber, Opendoor, and Intercom, with a great fit for the problem space we are tackling.
We are looking for diversely exceptional people to join us on our journey as we massively scale into an industry defining business.
The primary responsibility of this critical staff member is to provide after-hours and weekend support to our customers, both drivers and brokers, assisting in the booking, servicing, and tracking of freight. The position is remote for the time being.
- Professional, timely, and effective internal and external driver interaction via phone calls, texts, and internal products
- Driver load monitoring, including resolving any issues that may affect the scheduled times for pickup or delivery, while proactively communicating to the affected parties.
- Load booking and broker negotiation.
- Maintaining the company safety culture and helping enforce company policies to ensure DOT compliance and company requirements are being met.
- Processing delivered loads, invoicing brokerages, and paying out drivers in an expedient manner.
- Preparing hand-off documents to transfer context to other team members.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proficiency with Apple Mac OS and Google Suite (GMail, Docs, Sheets)
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment, triaging issues and determining when escalation is necessary
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, and help refine those technologies through thoughtful feedback
- Related industry experience (1-2 years)
- Customer support experience (1-2 years)
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.