VP of Sales
Sales – Sales /
CloudTrucks is a virtual trucking carrier in the multi-billion dollar trucking space. This traditional industry is highly fragmented with huge opportunities for products, services and automation. We strive to deliver solutions that help truck drivers to operate with much greater efficiency, increase their revenue, and offload business complexities.
A bit about our team. Our CEO recently led Scotty Labs, an autonomous trucking startup, to an acquisition by DoorDash. We have a talented team of alumni from Microsoft, Uber, Opendoor, and Intercom, with a great fit for the problem space we are tackling.
We need diversely exceptional people to join us on our journey as we massively scale into an industry defining business.
VP of Sales
We are looking for a VP of Sales who will help make CloudTrucks sales into a well-oiled machine. In this role, you will be involved and own all aspects of the sales cycle. As an integral member of the organization, you will not only influence your team but play a key role in CloudTrucks’ success.
We are a marketplace SaaS platform servicing independent truck drivers, owner-operators as well as owners of small trucking fleets. We have a current inbound go-to-market strategy with an average <30 days sales cycle. The person in this role will help us continue to execute this as well as explore other strategies to increase revenue as the company grows.
In this role you will:
- Build a sales team. You will be responsible for working with recruiting and growing the team based on the organization’s needs. You have a deep understanding of what makes a successful teammate at all levels of careers and how that plays into the overall sales function.
- Design inspiring quota framework and compensation plans that are fair and also continue to motivate the team.
- Train new team members and continue to grow and mentor existing team members
- Dive in with your team. Partner to help close deals and come up with creative solutions
- Determine the tools and operational workflow needed (sales ops)
- Establish our data-driven sales strategy. You will help create the infrastructure to lead your team and company to success.
- Create a playbook with a repeatable sales cycle process
- Research and understand the market
- Monitor sales activity, revenue forecasting, sales goals. Track and keep a pulse on where we’re at and adjust what’s needed accordingly
- Work cross-functionally and communicate with leadership and other departments. Feedback from our customers is so important, you’ll be the liaison between the sales team and our product teams to help refine our product strategy based on this feedback.
What you need:
- 10+ years of experience working in sales for product technology company
- At least 3+ years of experience hiring, leading and managing a sales department
- Proven track record of success - quota hitting as an individual as well as as a team
- Ability to use data to make and drive decisions
- Excellent communicator & presenter within the team as well as externally
- Marketplace/SaaS startup experience
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.