Senior Frontend Engineer
San Francisco /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
CloudTrucks is a virtual trucking carrier in the multi-billion dollar trucking space. This traditional industry is highly fragmented with huge opportunities for products, services and automation. We strive to deliver solutions that help truck drivers to operate with much greater efficiency, increase their revenue, and offload business complexities.
A bit about our team. Our CEO recently led Scotty Labs, an autonomous trucking startup, to an acquisition by DoorDash. We have a talented team of alumni from Microsoft, Uber, Opendoor, and Intercom, with a great fit for the problem space we are tackling.
We are looking for diversely exceptional people to join us on our journey as we massively scale into an industry defining business.
As an early engineer on the team, you will make an outsized impact at the company. You will leverage your skills and expertise to make key technical decisions and deliver products that meaningfully impact and empower the truck drivers on our platform as well as our internal facing teams.
- Design, test, and ship solutions to original problems and products. Collaborate with backend engineers on API surface and integration points.
- Partner with cross functional teams (Product, Operations, Finance, etc.) to ensure a complete and delightful customer experience.
- Mentor engineers less experienced with frontend technologies.
- Experience with React and Redux.
- Experience building responsive layouts with HTML and CSS.
- Experience with frontend testing frameworks.
- Experience with API design.
- Self-motivated and comfortable operating in a dynamic environment.
- Takes a user focused approach, shipping incrementally with rapid iterations.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. As a small team, we work closely with each other toward our shared mission.
- Experience with other modern web technologies (Typescript, CSS preprocessors, CDNs, etc.) is a plus but not required.
- Fullstack or mobile experience is a plus but not required.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.