Senior Software Engineer - Financial Products
San Francisco /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
CloudTrucks is a virtual trucking carrier in the multi-billion dollar trucking space. This traditional industry is highly fragmented with huge opportunities for products, services and automation. We strive to deliver solutions that help truck drivers to operate with much greater efficiency, increase their revenue, and offload business complexities.
A bit about our team. Our CEO recently led Scotty Labs, an autonomous trucking startup, to an acquisition by DoorDash. We have a talented team of alumni from Microsoft, Uber, Opendoor, and Intercom, with a great fit for the problem space we are tackling.
We are looking for diversely exceptional people to join us on our journey as we massively scale into an industry defining business.
Our customers have unique financial needs and are severely underbanked. We believe that financial products are critical to the success of our customers (truck drivers), and that's why we partnered with Visa to build CT Cash, a first of its kind mobile wallet and instant payment solution.
As an early engineer on the financial products team, you will make an outsized impact at the company by building solutions to significantly improve the cash flow and access to banking solutions for our customers. You will leverage your skills and expertise to make key technical decisions and deliver products that meaningfully impact and empower the truck drivers on our platform, as well as our internal-facing teams.
Some examples of projects that you may work on
- Build a financial ledger to manage cash inflow and outflow for our customers.
- Build a financial ecosystem to pay truck drivers faster with more options, benefits, and rewards programs.
- Integrate our financial products with our core operating workflows to provide a fully embedded experience to our customers.
- Work closely with our partners to develop unique solutions to problems faced by our customers.
- Design, test, and ship solutions to original problems and products.
- Take complete ownership over projects and features. Work across a range of systems and technologies to deliver an end-to-end solution.
- Partner with cross functional teams (Product, Operations, Finance, etc.) to ensure a complete and delightful customer experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience as a software engineer.
- Self-motivated and comfortable operating in a dynamic environment.
- Takes a user-focused approach, shipping incrementally with rapid iterations.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. As a small team, we work closely with each other toward our shared mission.
- Experience with web technologies and system design.
- Experience with building financial systems is a plus (double-entry bookkeeping, ledgers, payment systems and integrations, card networks).
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.