Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
CloudTrucks is a virtual trucking carrier in the multi-billion dollar trucking space. This traditional industry is highly fragmented with huge opportunities for products, services and automation. We strive to deliver solutions that help truck drivers to operate with much greater efficiency, increase their revenue, and offload business complexities.
A bit about our team. Our CEO recently led Scotty Labs, an autonomous trucking startup, to an acquisition by DoorDash. We have a talented team of alumni from Microsoft, Uber, Opendoor, and Intercom, with a great fit for the problem space we are tackling.
We are looking for diversely exceptional people to join us on our journey as we massively scale into an industry defining business.
As an early engineer on the team, you will make an outsized impact at the company. You will leverage your skills and expertise to make key technical decisions and deliver products that meaningfully impact and empower the truck drivers on our platform as well as our internal facing teams.
Some examples of projects that you may work on
- Applying computer vision to transform manual document workflows into an automated one.
- Building deep integrations with brokers, marketplaces and data providers so our platform can offer more opportunities to truck drivers and with more accurate insights.
- Building a financial ecosystem to pay truck drivers faster with more options and benefits.
- Building tools that greatly simplify the day-to-day of our operations and support teams.
- Design, test, and ship solutions to original problems and products.
- Take complete ownership over projects and features. Work across a range of systems and technologies to deliver an end to end solution.
- Partner with cross functional teams (Product, Operations, Finance, etc.) to ensure a complete and delightful customer experience.
- 4+ years of industry experience as a software engineer.
- Self-motivated and comfortable operating in a dynamic environment.
- Takes a user focused approach, shipping incrementally with rapid iterations.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. As a small team, we work closely with each other toward our shared mission.
- Experience with web technologies and system design.
- Native mobile experience is a plus but not required.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.