Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Core Platform)
San Francisco /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
CloudTrucks is a virtual trucking carrier in the multi-billion dollar trucking space. This traditional industry is highly fragmented with huge opportunities for products, services and automation. We strive to deliver solutions that help truck drivers to operate with much greater efficiency, increase their revenue, and offload business complexities.
A bit about our team. Our CEO recently led Scotty Labs, an autonomous trucking startup, to an acquisition by DoorDash. We have a talented team of alumni from Microsoft, Uber, Opendoor, and Intercom, with a great fit for the problem space we are tackling.
We are looking for strong systems engineers to build and scale the infrastructure for CloudTrucks. Our customers are out on the road, across the country, using our services 24/7 and we expect to grow > 10x in the upcoming year. We can't afford to have downtime because their businesses depend on us!
As our first infrastructure engineer, you will design, build, and maintain our infrastructure as well as providing software and services that help the rest of engineering operate more effectively and reliably (e.g. enabling monitoring, search, rate limiting capabilities, etc).
There is a lot to be done to make our systems more robust than it is today. You'll have the autonomy and opportunity to provide technical leadership and direction and make decisions that have a significant impact on the company.
- Designing, building, and operating a highly available, and resilient infrastructure that scales with CloudTrucks growth. Some technologies we use today are: Python / Django, Postgres, Redis, Terraform, Docker, Google Cloud Platform.
- Lead development and write production code for core services that are leveraged by every developer at the company.
- Troubleshoot and debug urgent site issues across services and stacks. Our engineering team follows the DevOps model.
- Implement policies and best practices to keep our infrastructure secure.
- Interface and problem solve with other teams to identify pain points and help move the business forward.
- Scaling our database to handle > 10x today's load.
- Improved logging + monitoring pipeline.
- Tools and automation for zero downtime deployments.
- Using Terraform to manage our infrastructure.
- Enable business intelligence tools and capabilities over production data (ETL pipelines, data warehouse, etc.)
- Enabling release toggling / feature flagging capabilities.
Example projects may include:
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience and a track record of successful execution on production systems.
- Self-motivated and comfortable operating in a dynamic environment with minimal direction and high autonomy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Including the ability to draft and articulate technical and system design requirements.
- Collaborates well with different stakeholders. e.g. Product and other engineers.
- Experience with programming and scripting languages and able to write production quality code.
- Broad knowledge of web technologies, systems design, and infrastructure stack.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience with running highly available distributed systems on a cloud platform.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.