San Francisco /
Marketing – Brand /
CloudTrucks is a virtual trucking carrier in the multi-billion dollar trucking space. This traditional industry is highly fragmented with huge opportunities for products, services and automation. We strive to deliver solutions that help truck drivers to operate with much greater efficiency, increase their revenue, and offload business complexities.
A bit about our team. Our CEO recently led Scotty Labs, an autonomous trucking startup, to an acquisition by DoorDash. We have a talented team of alumni from Microsoft, Uber, Opendoor, and Intercom, with a great fit for the problem space we are tackling.
We are looking for diversely exceptional people to join us on our journey as we massively scale into an industry defining business.
Job Description: Community Manager
As a Community Manager, your job will be to manage spaces that foster a sense of community for current and prospective CloudTrucks drivers. You'll be responsible for building and managing programs and campaigns that inspire driver engagement across various online channels. Our drivers are very active in online communities, and we're looking for someone who can help us increase our brand reach and provide value to those communities. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, hands-on Community Manager to drive community programs from concept through execution. Build it your way!
You will report to the Head of Growth Marketing and will partner closely with operations and sales. We're a small, scrappy, and supportive team — and we're just getting started. Come join us!
- Be an advocate for our vision and our community of drivers.
- Develop and iterate on a strategy to build and scale community channels for retention and expansion of drivers through engagement initiatives, programs, and events.
- Manage influencer relations and identify co-marketing opportunities within the trucking community.
- Define and implement a social strategy to support marketing goals, and participate in conversations across social platforms to encourage engagement within the CloudTrucks community.
- Work with our in-house design team to craft collateral for social and broader engagement campaigns.
- Collect and report on driver feedback from reviews and community channels.
- Report on performance for community programs and channels.
- 2-5 years of experience as a Community Manager or similar role.
- Experience managing online communities (Facebook, proprietary forums, Slack, etc.).
- Experience launching community initiatives (i.e., ambassador programs, event series).
- Performance-driven with the ability to turn data insights into new opportunities.
- Proven track record of developing content that drives measurable audience growth and engagement.
- Strong attention to detail in written work.
- High emotional intelligence and energized work ethic.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners, work autonomously managing multiple projects at once, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.