📈 Data Scientist, Product
Remote (US-based) or San Francisco, CA
Engineering & Data Science – Data Science /
Full-time employee /
We believe that life is better when you’re with your friends, and our mission is to fill everyone’s life with rich and meaningful friendships. We do this by creating the easiest way to hear your friends’ voices throughout the day, to meet their friends, and to talk about anything. As the world goes increasingly remote, we think being with friends is more important than ever.
We take pride in being a small and productive team, with a relentless focus on building a product that people love. As a company we are well funded, with backing from a16z and dozens of the best angel investors in the world, providing us with years of runway. We love what we do and have a lot of work ahead of us. If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to talk.
As a Product Data Scientist, you will work closely with our product and engineering teams to formulate and answer key questions about our product. You will play a central role in collecting, modeling, and analyzing data, and will drive meaningful changes to our product and user experiences based on your findings. In this role, you will report to our Head of Growth. We are a remote-first company, but have a headquarters office in San Francisco.
In this role, you will play a key part in defining the data culture within Clubhouse and ensure that we have principled, data-driven decision-making processes. As part of the early data team, you will work on numerous zero-to-one projects and will have a direct impact on our product direction. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside our product and engineering teams on high-profile feature launches that are used by millions of people.
Who you are
- You are curious, inquisitive, and enjoy solving ambiguous, open-ended problems. You are able to identify high impact problem areas with little direction. You have a healthy skepticism about data and know when to dig deeper into a problem.
- You bring deep experience in product analytics and experiment design. You likely bring 4+ years of experience as a product data scientist or product analyst and have deep experience working on consumer products. You are comfortable with advanced modeling and statistical techniques and are highly fluent in SQL and Python. You have deep experience with experiment design and analysis.
- You are a strong communicator and are able to explain complex concepts to a wide audience. You are adept at crafting clear and impactful data visualizations.
- You are meticulous and forthright. You are experienced with finding clear answers despite messy data sets, and are able to catch data issues as they arise.
- You bias towards action. You like to build and ship - favoring practical choices, speed and a respect for sequencing. You focus on the things that matter and push back on things that don’t. You make deadlines for yourself and you move fast.
- You’re scrappy and entrepreneurial. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are comfortable with not knowing the answer to something. You are willing to roll up your sleeves no matter what the challenge is.
- You take pride in what you do. You care deeply about your work. You read through details and think about every bit of the user experience. If something seems off, you come up with a good solution and fix it without being asked to do so. You’re proactive with suggestions and people know they can count on you to get things done.
What you will do
- You’ll help the team untangle key product questions with the team. There are numerous complex product questions that we would look to a data partner to help the team untangle. On a given day, you may be performing and sharing complex analyses that inform a wide variety of decisions. Or you may be playing a hands-on role in product launches, ensuring that we understand the impact of new features on users and can identify potential issues early in the process. You will have the opportunity to do foundational analysis on important, unsolved questions across a wide range of problem spaces.
- You’ll grow and improve rapidly. At Clubhouse you’ll be working with an incredible team, who love to learn from and teach each other. You’ll find yourself stretching to new areas, immersed in feedback, challenged by your teammates, and growing your skills on a daily basis.
- You’ll shape the product strategy. You will get to use your own product (and talk with others while they are using it) every day, and have significant input into its development. Your ideas will always be heard.
- You’ll be an owner. We believe in hiring people and giving them as much responsibility as they can handle. Whether it’s leading our work on a new platform or single-handedly figuring out how to scale concurrent audio streams to reach millions of users, we’ll make sure you are always pushing yourself to new levels.
- You’ll create something meaningful. Social products allow people to connect in ways that were never before possible. When the telephone was invented, it suddenly allowed people to speak with others across the world. Thanks to FaceTime, grandparents everywhere can now watch their grandchildren grow up. At Clubhouse, you’ll be figuring out something entirely new for the world—a positive product that brings people’s voices together for deep and meaningful conversations, creates new relationships, builds empathy across
This position is fully remote, and includes competitive base pay, a comprehensive health benefits package, company equity, 401k, plus additional benefits and stipends. The salary for this position is between $190,000 and $246,000. It may vary based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, specialized knowledge, skills, and the market rate for similar positions. The salary range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
As an early team member at Clubhouse you will be a critical voice and have significant influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and ensure this is the single best work experience of your life.
Our users come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.