Backend Go Developer
Vancouver or Remote (North America)
Join our team_
Cmd brings together talented problem solvers, thinkers, and tinkerers to achieve our mission to change the current landscape of cybersecurity. We’re looking for people who are as excited as we are to give companies a new way to secure their data.
Make your mark_
Linux + security; we love ‘em. But don’t worry, we don’t need you to be an all-in, security-guru like you might think. We hire subject matter experts to bring their functional skills and unique point of view to the team. That’s what keeps us innovative, adaptable, and stronger.
We’re just getting started on our journey. You’ll be joining us at a time where you can take full advantage of the opportunities of high-growth. You’ll expand on your current skills, fast-track your development, and see your impact in building a company that will change the face of an industry.
About the role_
You’ll work closely with our team of platform engineers to improve and expand the server-side software that manages and deploys Cmd’s agent into customers’ Linux environments. Our ideal candidate has a passion for technology, is a great communicator, and has an interest in contributing to the full product lifecycle (design, implementation, release, operation).
Skills and experience_
- 5+ years experience as a software developer
- Experience working with Go
- Experience working with Linux, relational databases, Prometheus, git, and Bash
- Understanding of HTTP, TLS, and the web browser security model
- Experience designing, coding, optimizing, managing/deploying and troubleshooting highly-available, load-balanced, secure, HTTPS-accessible services
- Keen ability to communicate (verbally and in documentation) and share work with others on the team
- You're capable of developing criteria to prioritize tasks
- You're eager to collaborate with engineers to enhance the feature development process
- You possess self-awareness and a passion for continuous improvement
- You have a keen ability to communicate the thinking behind your decisions
- You can identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems
Please include a short message about why you're interested in this role, and why you think you're a good fit.
Cmd is dedicated to providing an equal opportunity for all job seekers. Our commitment is to work with the best of the best, who share our passion for changing the landscape of security. If our mission speaks to you, we want to hear from you.