Lead Product Designer
Product Management & Design
Join our team_
Cmd brings together talented problem solvers, thinkers, and tinkerers to achieve our mission to change the current landscape of cybersecurity. We’re looking for people who are as excited as we are to give companies a new way to secure their data.
Make your mark_
Linux + security; we love ‘em. But don’t worry, we don’t need you to be an all-in, security-guru like you might think. We hire subject matter experts to bring their functional skills and unique point of view to the team. That’s what keeps us innovative, adaptable, and stronger.
We’re just getting started on our journey. You’ll be joining us at a time where you can take full advantage of the opportunities of high-growth. You’ll expand on your current skills, fast-track your development, and see your impact in building a company that will change the face of an industry.
About the role_
We’re looking for a thoughtful and passionate Lead Product Designer to help build, shape, and manage our growing design team. This is a hands-on role, and our Lead Designer will also collaborate with the team to build intuitive interfaces for the Cmd platform, and manage product design initiatives from end to end. You’ll work with our top-notch team of designers and developers to bring new features and improvements from an idea into reality. You’ll balance supporting our team, and being the voice of the user.
- Guide our team through the design process using industry best practice and design thinking
- Be hands-on in the work creating wireframes and visual designs
- Work with the leaders from product and engineering to scope project requirements
- Promote an inclusive, collaborative environment for the team to grow and thrive
- Advocate for exceptional design within the company
- Guide and shape the culture of design at Cmd
- Help us attract and hire the best team of designers
Skills and experience_
- Experience owning projects from design through to implementation
- Exceptional project management and proven ability to oversee a team of collaborators
- You excel at uncovering technical requirements and limitations that you use to inform design
- You've planned and conducted usability studies
- Passion for continuous personal improvement as well as the personal development of your team
- Experience using Illustrator, Sketch, and Figma
- A portfolio that reflects your strengths in both UX and visual design skills.
- You have communicated your company’s design-driven philosophy via articles and/or conference presentations
Please include a short cover letter communicating your interests and background in product design, as well as a link to your portfolio. We particularly love to see examples of design projects for enterprise products if you can.
Cmd is dedicated to providing an equal opportunity for all job seekers. Our commitment is to work with the best of the best, who share our passion for changing the landscape of security. If our mission speaks to you, we want to hear from you.