Senior Business Intelligence Developer (Chicago/Remote)
Chicago, Illinois /
Capital Markets Gateway (CMG) is a financial technology firm that is modernizing the equity capital markets (ECM) by connecting investors and underwriters via a unique data-driven that digitizes and automates inefficient workflows. Launched in 2017 the CMG platform is currently relied upon by nearly 100 buy side institutions and investors representing $12 trillion in assets under management, and 15 investment banks. For more information, please visit www.cmgx.io.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. CMG is an equal opportunity employer.
The Role – Senior Business Intelligence Developer
We are looking for a senior business intelligence developer to join our team. You will build sophisticated analytical capabilities for our innovative capital markets platform. You will work with various data sources and the latest technology to help our clients obtain data and draw insight. You will also work with other engineering teams to define and build a common BI application that can be embedded in other applications.
· Help evaluate deployment options and set up BI environment.
· Understand requirements from product owners and external clients. Translate requirements into implementation tasks.
· Build data models against analytical data marts for the best performance and analysis capability. The data models need to address the complex challenges of a modern SaaS data architecture.
· Build Power BI reports that will be embedded in other applications to provide sophisticated visualization and interaction.
· Build SSRS reports against operational databases to satisfy reporting requirements for our transactional systems.
· Help define and build a framework for embedding Power BI features within other applications.
· Higher education degree in computer science or related fields.
· More than 3 years of experience working with BI applications. Experience applying common SDLC approaches and computing techniques in BI development processes.
· Desired experience with Microsoft business intelligence technology stack, including Power BI, SSRS, and SSAS. Some experience with DAX or MDX.
· Deep knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Ability to answer complex questions with well designed SQLs. Ability to tune databases and query performance.
· Experience with data modelling for data warehouses and data marts. Knowledge of different data modelling approaches.
· Some experience with data loading and transformation using ETL tools or programming language.
· Analytical skills to understand complex requirements, process large volume of information, and design creative solutions.
· Good understanding of data visualization to apply the right visualization for the given data and requirements.
· Competitive compensation
· Health, Dental and Vision benefits
· 401K employer matching
· Unlimited PTO
· Top-of-the-line MacBook Pros