Senior DevOps Engineer (Chicago/Remote)
Chicago, Illinois /
Capital Markets Gateway (CMG) is a financial technology firm that is modernizing the equity capital markets (ECM). CMG connects investors and underwriters via a neutral platform that delivers integrated ECM data and analytics, transparency, and workflow efficiencies. Providing a digital system of record for firm-wide deal activity, CMG helps clients make more timely, better-informed decisions. Launched in 2017 by a team of ECM practitioners, the CMG platform is currently relied upon by nearly 100 buy side firms representing $12 trillion in AUM and 15 investment banks.
CMG’s goal is to alleviate pain points resulting from disparate solutions, fragmented data and frenzied communication. CMG’s DataLab product solves for data analytics, while CMG’s XC platform establishes connectivity between buy- and sell-side firms.
OUR ENGINEERING TEAM
The CMG engineering team consists of domain experts who work collaboratively within a culture of cross-domain knowledge sharing. We value engineers who are passionate about modern technologies and best practices. Our engineers are willing to challenge the status-quo and are constantly seeking improvement and efficiency in our code-base and platform. CMG engineers are empowered to explore solutions and bring recommendations to the table. We’re in a period of making impactful engineering decisions. As part of our process, we believe in taking the time for research and prototyping - this is critical in making the right decisions.
Given the experience of our team, we have naturally adopted best practices from local development, through code review and into production rollouts. Besides the standard pull requests, test automation, code coverage tracking, containerization, and one-click deployments we are constantly reviewing these foundational components to develop new best practices.
The team has built on the already highly collaborative nature between our offices and found that we are well configured for a full remote work.
CMG is scaling up our DevOps engineering team and looking for an engineer focused on infrastructure, reliability, and tooling. This team builds and maintains enterprise level cloud infrastructure for cloud-native microservice applications running on Kubernetes clusters. The person who joins our team will be encouraged to influence new solutions that will keep our technology running smoothly and with high availability for our customers.
OUR TECH STACK
· Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
· Terraform, GitOps, Flux
· Microsoft Azure Cloud
· Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus, and New Relic
· Managed Postgres and Elasticsearch
· DotNetCore and Ruby on Rails back-ends
· React/Redux with TypeScript front-ends
· Designs and implements solutions to continuously deliver an enterprise software system hosted in Kubernetes.
· Provision, configure, and maintain cloud resources using industry standard tools and technologies.
· Identifies trends and anomalies over the long term lifecycle of the app and platform.
· Tunes and monitors the application environment.
· Conducts root cause analysis for production incidents.
· Contributes to team planning to solve the engineering challenges.
· Being a dependable and highly skilled development resource for peers through education and review.
· Having a broad awareness of related projects and industry trends, and encourages innovative practices amongst peers.
· Advocates and models coding and collaboration practices, reviews team code, and provides team members with feedback and suggestions for process improvement.
· Collaborates with other team members to establish new best practices and maintainable processes.
· Documents and demonstrates solutions through documentation, diagrams, and readable code.
· Container Orchestration (i.e Docker Swarm, Kubernetes): 1+ years
· Cloud infrastructure experience: 3+ years
· Experience with alerting, metrics, and data driven improvements: 1+ years
· Supporting customer-facing web-delivered software: 5+ years
· Commercial Software Engineering w/ OOP: 5+ years
· Experience supporting enterprise/B2B software
· Experience maintaining enterprise level security practices
· Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux
· Bash, Python, Ruby or other scripting experience
· Excellent communication skills (Written, Verbal, Public Speaking)
· Generous Compensation
· Health, Dental, Vision insurance
· Top of the line MacBook Pros
· Strong startup culture, casual dress code, and more
· Flexible time off and remote option when needed
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. CMG is an equal opportunity employer.