United States (Remote) /
Capital Markets Gateway LLC. (CMG) is a financial technology firm, uniquely focused on the equity capital markets (ECM), connecting investors and underwriters via a neutral platform. CMG delivers integrated ECM data and analytics, unrivaled transparency into deal flow, and workflow efficiencies for an otherwise fragmented and inefficient process. Providing a digital system of record for firm-wide deal activity, CMG helps clients make more timely, better-informed decisions. Launched in 2017 by a team of ECM practitioners, CMG has completed two successful fundraising rounds and is backed by a group of the world’s most prestigious financial institutions. The CMG platform is currently relied upon by nearly 100 buy-side firms representing $12 trillion in AUM and 15 global investment banks. For more information, please visit www.cmgx.io.
CMG is seeking an Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will support the finance leader in all areas related to the general ledger including managing the month end close, working with a third-party provider to ensure all transactions are recorded properly and support annual audit process and other ad hoc projects. The Accounting Manager needs to be process oriented in order to drive process and control changes and be able work cross-functionally to influence these changes.
We are committed to building a culture as unique as the people, perspectives and passions it represents. We promise to never settle when it comes to diversity, equity and inclusion. As the world changes and evolves, we will always listen, learn and do better…for our teams, for our customers and for our communities.
What you will do:
- Maintain the close calendar and ensure a well-coordinated, consistent, and timely accounting close (monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of third-party managed activities in accounting system and throughout the P2P and O2C processes
- Support the preparation of core financial statements on a MTD, QTD & YTD basis
- Coordinate and compile monthly and quarterly internal financial reporting packages
- Prepare monthly financial statement flux analysis (IS, BS & CF)
- Manage accurate and consistent coding and reporting at the department and account level
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations for general ledger accounts
- Effectively manage collection process and ensure consistent process for billing and collections
- Manage vendor approval and payment processes
- Stay on top of new accounting standards that impact the business and ensure that accounting policies are consistently applied
- Ensure external compliance with tax and other government authorities. Timely filing and reporting
- Maintain effective accounting controls and separation of duties to safeguard company interests and ensure integrity of financial systems
- Support the implementation of new accounting standards and partner with other members of the Finance team to operationalize changes in accounting policies
- Work closely with external auditors on timely resolution of technical accounting matters
- Ad-hoc projects
What are the qualifications:
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance, or related field
- 6+ years progressive accounting experience in both public and start-up environment
- Solid understanding of Software Accounting and related revenue recognition standards
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and financial reporting requirements
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work efficiently to meet deadlines
- Self-starter, detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Passionate about building and eager to take on new challenges
- Strong communicator with excellent project management, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Licensed CPA with Big 4 and international experience is a plus
- Values being empowered as a part of the decision-making process on how we build our future Accounting/Finance team
- Purpose-driven individual who believes in our vision; being a trailblazer in the fintech space
- Thrives in a learning environment – this is a two-way street!
- We innovate with purpose.
- We focus on outcomes vs. output.
- We believe diverse and inclusive teams fuel innovation.
- We are humble yet candid.
- We do right by the customer
What we offer:
- Generous Compensation
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance, HSA/FSA options
- 401K Matching
- Strong, smart and innovative startup culture
- Fully remote position
The estimated salary range for this role is $110,000 - $130,000. The successful candidate’s salary will be determined by non-discriminatory factors such as skills and experience. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in our benefits program including health, dental, vision, 401K, paid time off and our equity plan.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm you are authorized to work in the US.
CMG embraces our ongoing commitment to building a culture reflecting the people, perspectives, and passions it represents. We will accept nothing less than equity, inclusion, and belonging for all. With the only constant in life being change, we will always listen, learn, and improve for the betterment of our teams, customers, and communities. CMG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.