Sr. Product Designer
Chicago, Illinois /
Capital Markets Gateway (CMG) is a financial technology firm that is modernizing the equity capital markets (ECM) by connecting investors and underwriters via a unique data-driven that digitizes and automates inefficient workflows. Launched in 2017 the CMG platform is currently relied upon by nearly 100 buy side institutions and investors representing $12 trillion in assets under management, and 15 investment banks. For more information, please visit www.cmgx.io.
Our Design Philosophy:
At CMG, design is a core pillar to software development. Today’s consumers expect applications that enable unparalleled efficiency, and by hiring creative visionaries who understand users, their goals, and the underlying technology, we aim to build delightful and clever applications that revolutionize Capital Markets.
CMG is looking for an exceptionally talented Senior Product Designer to shape the customer experience of CMG’s products. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams to build complex enterprise workflows for web and mobile, and to lead and deliberate UX and UI design decisions that delight customers.
· Collaborate with product management, subject matter experts, and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, including interactions and visuals
· Execute all design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
· Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
· Lead ideation, iteration, and design reviews and ensure solutions are aligned across teams
· Participate and lead user testing sessions and translate the needs of users into designs
· Degree in Graphic Design, BFA or related field
· Portfolio that demonstrates a firm grasp of design principles and vibrant creativity with a strong business orientation
· Experience in UX and UI design
· Strong understanding of color theory, typography, layout, iconography as well as design trends
· Ability to clearly articulate design decisions behind the recommendation
· Work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with multi-disciplinary team
· Competitive compensation
· Health, Dental and Vision benefits
· 401K employer matching
· Unlimited PTO
· Top-of-the-line MacBook Pros
· Strong startup culture
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. CMG is an equal opportunity employer.