New York, New York /
Customer Success /
Capital Markets Gateway LLC. (CMG) is a financial technology firm, uniquely focused on the equity capital markets (ECM), connecting investors and underwriters via a neutral platform. CMG delivers integrated ECM data and analytics, unrivaled transparency into deal flow, and workflow efficiencies for an otherwise fragmented and inefficient process. Providing a digital system of record for firm-wide deal activity, CMG helps clients make more timely, better-informed decisions. Launched in 2017 by a team of ECM practitioners, CMG has completed two successful fundraising rounds and is backed by a group of the world’s most prestigious financial institutions. The CMG platform is currently relied upon by nearly 100 buy-side firms representing $12 trillion in AUM and 15 global investment banks. For more information, please visit www.cmgx.io .
CMG is seeking a Customer Engineer (CE) to join our fast-growing Customer Success team. As a key contributor on our Customer Success team, you will be the customer engineer to deeply understand your client's integration needs and ensure the CMG offering is aligned to their expectations. Working with sales counterparts, you will leverage your technical expertise to help acquire new customers, expand relationships, and drive market share and revenue growth.
You will be the go-to engineer for clients who will are looking to integrate with CMG in a more customized manner. With a solution-oriented approach you will cater your API product demonstrations to address the client’s needs while emphasizing CMG’s value proposition. Throughout your interactions with prospects and clients, you will address their challenges and identify opportunities that will help shape the CMG product roadmap. The successful SE is keen to see their clients succeed and is passionate to ensure CMG is an integral part of their workflow.
The Customer Engineer will lead the initiative as we expand our footprint within our client’s investment workflow. The CMG API has been identified as a strategic Buy-side solution with a substantial opportunity to capture significant revenue.
· Act as the technical liaison, collaborating with Sales, Product Management and Engineering teams to develop tailored presentations, demos, prototypes - specific to API clients
· Be the internal technical expert about each of your clients’ and prospects’ environment
· Act as a technical account manager to ensure your clients are successfully onboarded with CMG’s API products
· Provide consultative support to your clients to ensure they obtain optimal value from CMG and identify growth and expansion opportunities within API customer base
· Collaborate with Product Management team to drive API product strategy by communicating customer requirements, sentiment and competitive trends
· Identify partner integration opportunities to streamline customer implementations
· Educate a variety of audiences, including Product Management, Engineering and Sales on product features, benefits and value proposition from the lens of the customer
· Liaise with Product Management team to develop API documentation and related sales collateral
· 5+ years solutions engineering / pre-sales experience and on-boarding in sales context
· Prior experience working for a Fintech or Investment Manager is strongly desired
· Proficiency in Python and/or other object-oriented programming languages with the ability to develop quick prototypes for clients
· Prior experience working with leading OMS solutions is a plus
· Ability to influence both technical and business audiences
· Exceptional presentation and demonstration skills, fluidly able to pivot presentations based on client need
· Advocate for team selling, partnering with Sales to qualify opportunities and align key client stakeholders
· Passion for data and analytics, a philosophy of using technology to help solve business problems
· Keen analytical and problem-solving skills
· Comfortable working in collaborative, fast paced team environment
· B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or Finance related studies
· Entrepreneurial mindset
· Positive, “whatever it takes” attitude
· Politeness, fun-loving disposition, respect for others