Sales Director - Sell-Side
United States (Remote) /
“Companies access the capital markets to raise money that will ultimately drive expansion, innovation, and employment growth, which is why we have built an integrated capital markets platform that will optimize the deal flow process for all market participants.” Greg Ingram, CMG CEO and co-founder.
Capital Markets Gateway (CMG) is a FinTech start-up that is transforming the equity capital markets (ECM). The capital raising process is riddled with inefficiencies and operational risk. CMG is creating a digital marketplace that connects investors and underwriters via a neutral platform that delivers integrated ECM data and analytics. CMG’s platform streamlines workflows and delivers information and analytics in real-time providing users with long-desired speed to market and analysis vital to decision making.
CMG is seeking a Sales Director committed to considerably growing CMG’s revenue, through new client acquisition and existing client growth, within the largest investment banks in the world. This high-visibility role reports to the VP of Sales and is responsible for managing the entire sales process, cold call through close, while also retaining and growing an existing book of business. Your prospects and clients will be the largest equity capital markets (ECM) investment banking participants in the world.
The ideal candidate is process driven, has an unmatched will-to-win, creative, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience navigating and owning highly complex sales cycles that have long implementation processes within financial services and/or SaaS platforms to investment banks is a must.
- 8+ years of sales experience within the financial services and/or capital markets ecosystem, with some experience selling SaaS-based solutions
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interface with external and internal partners
- Comprehensive knowledge of investment banking and investment management organizations including mutual funds and hedge funds
- Expertise in applying consultative methodologies and techniques to uncover opportunities
- Proven ability to surpass sales targets and exceed OTE
- Ability to create and maintain prospect buy-in throughout a complex sales cycles and during long implementation periods
- We innovate with purpose
- We focus on outcomes vs. output
- We believe diverse and inclusive teams fuel innovation
- We are humble yet candid
- We do right by the customer
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits program
- 401k match
- Flexible time off
- Fully remote work environment
- Support to further your education
- A culture of people first
Depending on the candidates experience level, the estimated base salary range for this role is US$ $135,000 - $175,000 (OTE = ~2x base salary). The successful candidate’s salary will be determined by non-discriminatory factors such as skills and experience. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in our benefits program including health, dental, vision, 401K, paid time off and our equity plan.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm you are authorized to work in the US.
CMG embraces our ongoing commitment to building a culture reflecting the people, perspectives, and passions it represents. We will accept nothing less than equity, inclusion, and belonging for all. With the only constant in life being change, we will always listen, learn, and improve for the betterment of our teams, customers, and communities. CMG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.