Technical Account Manager (TAM)
New York, New York
Capital Markets Gateway LLC. (CMG) is a financial technology firm offering an integrated digital workflow and analytics platform for capital markets professionals. With more than 100 years of collective industry experience, CMG’s team understands firsthand the shortcomings of the current capital raising processes and has designed a system built for practitioners, by practitioners. More than 100 leading asset managers, with over $10 trillion in assets under management, rely on CMG’s platform to streamline their workflows. The firm, founded in 2015, has offices in Chicago, New York and Seattle. For more information, please visit www.cmgx.io .
CMG is seeking a Senior Technical Account Manager (TAM). This is a high-visibility role where you’ll lead customer engagement initiatives enabling mission-critical workflow for some of the largest investment banks in the world. The TAM will partner across all internal teams including Product Management, Engineering, and Relationship Management, to drive design and implementation of the CMG platform.
We’re looking for someone that will become the voice of the customer, while collaborating with our industry expert founders and experienced leadership team. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial-minded, thrives in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment, and is excited to be part of a growing team that is committed to delivering innovation to the capital formation process.
· Partner with Sales, Product Management, Engineering and the leadership team to drive CMG’s strategy and vision
· Navigate complex business requirements and manage project scope with rigor, balancing customer requirements with CMG business goals, ensuring fair outcomes for both
· Sponsor customer business objectives to elicit full scope of deployment project and take ownership of the outcome across the full client delivery lifecycle.
· Solve for complex technical challenges that may be required to get CMG products and services to work end-to-end in our customer’s environment.
· Highly proficient in communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively adjust communication to the target audience (CTO, Head Trader, IT/Ops Leads, etc.) with primary goal of product deployment achieving successful customer adoption.
· Maintain ongoing relationship with customers, partnering with Account Management and Support to bolster the Client Success function. Specifically, act as lead technical expert for any support escalations from the client; establish regular check-ins with the client in coordination with the Relationship Manager; and keep apprised of new CMG platform features and functions
· Own incident and issue management; coordinate necessary resources to ensure critical issues are resolved in a timely fashion
· Provide regular updates to internal stakeholders, run steering committee meetings, and ensure the client follows through on mutually agreed tasks.
· 7+ years of technical/product account management experience
· Ability to balance customer requirements within the overall strategy/roadmap of CMG
· Exceptional communication skills and ability to interface with external and internal partners
· Expertise in applying consultative methodologies and techniques to uncover opportunities
· Understanding of the investment bank organization and capital markets workflows
· Proven ability to successfully drive client outcomes
· Willingness to openly share knowledge to build expertise
· Product Management or Business Analysis experience
· Technical Sales, Pre-Sales, or On-boarding skills/expertise
· FinTech industry experience
· Positive, “whatever it takes” attitude
· Politeness, fun-loving disposition, respect for others
· Competitive compensation including equity
· Health, Dental and Vision benefits
· Flexible time off with remote option when needed
· Genuine startup culture governed by meritocracy
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. CMG is an equal opportunity employer.