Customer Support Representative
New York, New York /
Customer Success /
Capital Markets Gateway LLC. (CMG) is a financial technology firm, uniquely focused on the equity capital markets (ECM), connecting investors and underwriters via a neutral platform. CMG delivers integrated ECM data and analytics, unrivaled transparency into deal flow, and workflow efficiencies for an otherwise fragmented and inefficient process. Providing a digital system of record for firm-wide deal activity, CMG helps clients make more timely, better-informed decisions. Launched in 2017 by a team of ECM practitioners, CMG has completed two successful fundraising rounds and is backed by a group of the world’s most prestigious financial institutions. The CMG platform is currently relied upon by nearly 100 buy-side firms representing $12 trillion in AUM and 15 global investment banks. For more information, please visit www.cmgx.io .
CMG is seeking a Customer Support Representative (CSR) to join our fast-growing Customer Success team. A passionate, energetic and curious CSR will support our sophisticated customer base by helping solve for their mission critical needs. The CSR is responsible for handling front line customer inquiries and will leverage creative, problem-solving techniques to diagnose, escalate and resolve client issues. With a relentless focus on client satisfaction, the CSR will collaborate internally across the organization to ensure the customer’s experience with CMG exceeds their expectations.
The successful CSR candidate will become an expert on the CMG platform to handle a vast range of client inquiries and constantly drives the value proposition of the service by providing guidance and solutions to enhance their experience. The Customer Success group acts as the “voice of the customer” to advance the functionality of the CMG platform and is expected to be an excellent collaborator partnering with Sales, Product Management, and Engineering functions.
As a leading FinTech looking to deliver innovation to the equity capital markets, CMG is transforming one of the hottest areas of Wall Street. With customer satisfaction as the pinnacle of our core values, exceptional customer support is paramount to the success of both our customers and CMG.
· Field inbound customer support inquiries via various communication channels
· Diagnose and resolve customer issues, thinking creatively about workarounds or alternative solutions if a direct feature or workflow is not readily available
· Thoroughly document support issues and escalate where necessary
· Develop in-depth knowledge of the CMG platform to support a wide range of client inquiries
· Develop insights on client pain points and opportunities and work collaboratively across internal teams to influence CMG’s product direction
· Independently manage fast-paced work as part of a Customer Success team
· Deliver excellent customer service, driving high levels of customer satisfaction
· Remain flexible and positive in the face of challenges
· Assist with and participate in special projects and initiatives
· 2+ years in customer support or client-focused business analyst role
· Proficient using CS related tooling – HubSpot, Jira, MixPanel, Pendo, MSFT Office, etc
· Prior experience working in Fintech or within financial institutions is desired
· Ability to influence both technical and business audiences to improve the product by identifying and documenting enhancements
· Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to interact with a wide range of audiences
· Curiosity and desire to learn quickly to develop domain knowledge
· Keen analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to multi-task balancing simultaneous customer issues
· Comfortable working in a collaborative, fast paced team environment
· Flexibility for rotational coverage of non-peak hours is a plus
· B.S. in Finance, Economics or similar business study
· Minor experience with Business Analytics, a plus
· Entrepreneurial mindset
· Positive, “whatever it takes” attitude
· Politeness, fun-loving disposition, respect for others