Chief of Party - Nigeria
CNFA is currently seeking a Chief of Party on the Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity. The position will be based in Nigeria.The Chief of Party will be responsible for the overall management of the activity and should possess leadership, communication, and management skills necessary to develop, articulate, and implement a vision for the Activity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Activity will address the constrains that hinder the overall agricultural business environment in Nigeria and improve the levels of agriculture-related investments. The Chief of Party will be responsible for meeting the following objectives: (1) Promotion of smart and efficient policy and regulations within the agricultural finance sector, (2) Mitigation of credit risks of agribusinesses and improvement in the services provided by financial institutions to agribusinesses, and (3) Strengthen the readiness of agribusinesses to access and manage investments.
- Master’s degree, or higher, in agriculture, agronomy, economics, business administration, political economy, public administration, public policy, or related fields is required,
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of significant international experience and expertise in agricultural development, food security, and/or the private sector to successfully achieve meaningful and sustainable results is required;
- Extensive and substantive experience in working with counterparts at various levels of government, as well as with non-government organizations (including private-sector associations and organizations) in managing international development assistance activities is required;
- Meaningful experience in Africa is required, demonstrated knowledge of West Africa and Nigeria is strongly preferred;
- Strong technical expertise in the areas of agriculture, agricultural economics, agricultural finance, and/or agribusiness is required;
- Demonstrated management skills and effective interpersonal skills are required; and;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required, knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.