Senior Associate - Compliance and Risk Advisory Services (CRS)
Los Angeles, CA
CRS - Compliance and Risk Advisory Services
CNM LLP is a technical advisory services firm that works with the top local talent on the most comprehensive and intriguing projects for discerning clients ranging from start-ups to closely held mid-market companies to large multi-national Fortune 1000 firms. The CNM reputation is built upon a foundation of professional excellence and trusted relationships and is recognized nationally for commitment to excellence. Employees value the open and honest environment, consistent focus on work life balance and an outstanding culture that is difficult to find anywhere else in the professional services industry. This unwavering attention to providing an exceptional work environment has enabled CNM to be recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in Los Angeles” for the third consecutive year and named as one of Inc. 5000’s “Fastest Growing Private Companies in 2018.”
Because CNM consistently beats target plans for continued organic growth, service line diversification and for geographical expansion, the team is currently searching for a CRS Senior Associate to join our Compliance and Risk Advisory Services (CRS) practice. You will partner on project teams to assist the SOX compliance and internal audit projects for companies that range from newly public high growth entities in rapidly changing environments, to the largest entertainment and public companies.
If you’re interested, here is the challenge for your first year with CNM LLP.
- Creating process narratives, identifying key controls, and concluding on design and operating effectiveness of key controls
- Demonstrating clear and concise writing, and verbal skills to communicate complex issues in simple terms to clients and team members
- Producing quality deliverables evidenced through minimal review time and review notes
- Actively improving technical and project management skills through on the job feedback, performance evaluations, mentoring and firm-sponsored formal training programs including monthly CPE and Subject Matter Expert (SME) training
- Responding to client needs and balancing the competing priorities with minimal client disruptions, while maintaining project progress
Upon successfully demonstrating the skill set listed above you will have the opportunity to earn a promotion to Project Manager. As a Project Manager you will be responsible for:
- Building internal teams through participation in our mentoring program and interviewing
- Managing one to several individual project teams, project scheduling, reviewing of workpapers, and being the primary point of contact between the CNM team and the client
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university in a related field
- CPA or CIA license, or the goal to obtain one in the near future
- A hands-on knowledge of SOX, COSO, and PCAOB standards
- Flexibility with travel to clients within Los Angeles County
CNM LLP offers an excellent base, bonus and incentive compensation package. The benefits package is designed to meet an employee’s needs regardless of the stage an employee is at including medical, dental, paid maternity and parental leave, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts for employees and dependents. We offer training that assists employees in reaching their career goals and, in addition to a regular paid time off policy, we also offer an extra five days off between Christmas and New Year holidays annually for firm-wide shut down. CNM believes in social interaction and networking and employees participate in unbelievable social events each summer and winter. The firm also supports employees offering an annual technology bonus, health and wellness bonus, monthly cell phone reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens with food, drink and snacks and much, much more. Please reach out to our talent team and we will walk you through why you deserve a career with CNM LLP.
Please note: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.