Manager - Accounting and Transaction/ Compliance and Risk Advisory Services (ATS/CRS)
Orange County, CA
CRS - Compliance and Risk Advisory Services
CNM LLP is a technical advisory services firm that works with the top local talent on the most comprehensive and intriguing projects for discerning clients ranging from start-ups to closely held mid-market companies to large multi-national Fortune 1000 firms. The CNM reputation is built upon a foundation of professional excellence and trusted relationships and is recognized nationally for commitment to excellence. Employees value the open and honest environment, consistent focus on work life balance and an outstanding culture that is difficult to find anywhere else in the professional services industry. This unwavering attention to providing an exceptional work environment has enabled CNM to be recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in Los Angeles” for the third consecutive year and named as one of Inc. 5000’s “Fastest Growing Private Companies in 2018.”
Because CNM consistently beats target plans for continued organic growth, service line diversification and for geographical expansion, the team is currently searching for a Manager to join our Accounting and Transaction/ Compliance and Risk Advisory Services (ATS/CRS) practices.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in several complex accounting areas through on the job feedback, performance evaluations, mentoring and firm-sponsored formal training programs including monthly CPE and SME training.
- Review accounting transactions related to public offerings, inclusive of performing audit preparation work, and documenting significant accounting policies.
- Review and prepare the financial statements and footnote disclosures in S-1, 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K filings related to IPO, debt offerings and acquisitions.
- Given the startup environment of our clients, the ability to adapt to unexpected changes to timelines, deadlines, and the scope of work is a must.
- Respond to client needs and balancing the competing priorities with minimal client disruptions, while maintaining project progress.
- Ensure quality deliverables of internal control processes on 3-4 projects by:
- Review process narratives and control test results and arriving at sound conclusions on design and operating effectiveness of key controls.
- Collaborate with firm clients to develop process improvements and remediation plans which address identified deficiencies.
- Successfully manage assigned projects by providing quality deliverables within budget and within the deadline. Project management skills include resource scheduling, leading client status update meetings, communicating budget to actual progress, and resolving timeline delays through proactive client communication.
- Respond to client needs and balance the competing priorities with minimal client disruptions, while tracking project progress.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university in a related field.
- Public accounting/advisory experience with emphasis on risk and compliance as it relates to Sarbanes-Oxley and/or technical accounting.
- Strong people, project and client management skills.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. Ability to translate complex issues into simple and easy to understand terms.
- Strong analytical skills, sound interpretation of complex subject matter, ability to generate meaningful insights and develop pragmatic solutions.
- Ability to execute and operate in high-pressure and fast-paced environments.
- Ability to quickly adapt to unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines and scope of work.
CNM LLP offers an excellent base, bonus and incentive compensation package. The benefits package is designed to meet an employee’s needs regardless of the stage an employee is at including medical, dental, paid maternity and parental leave, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts for employees and dependents. We offer training that assists employees in reaching their career goals and, in addition to a regular paid time off policy, we also offer an extra five days off between Christmas and New Year holidays annually for firm-wide shut down. CNM believes in social interaction and networking and employees participate in unbelievable social events each summer and winter. The firm also supports employees offering an annual technology bonus, health and wellness bonus, monthly cell phone reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens with food, drink and snacks and much, much more. Please reach out to our talent team and we will walk you through why you deserve a career with CNM LLP.
Please note: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.