Director - Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services (ATS)
Orange County, CA
ATS - Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services
CNM LLP is a technical advisory services firm that works with the top local talent on the most comprehensive and intriguing projects for discerning clients ranging from start-ups to closely held mid-market companies to large multi-national Fortune 1000 firms. The CNM reputation is built upon a foundation of professional excellence and trusted relationships and is recognized nationally for commitment to excellence. Employees value the open and honest environment, consistent focus on work life balance and an outstanding culture that is difficult to find anywhere else in the professional services industry. This unwavering attention to providing an exceptional work environment has enabled CNM to be recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in Los Angeles” for the third consecutive year and named as one of Inc. 5000’s “Fastest Growing Private Companies in 2018.”
Because CNM consistently beats target plans for continued organic growth, service line diversification and for geographical expansion, the team is currently searching for an ATS Director to join our Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services (ATS) practice.
- Function as a subject matter expert (SME) in several complex accounting areas by developing on the job technical skills in our seniors and managers through performance evaluations, mentoring and firm-sponsored formal training programs.
- Review and conclude on complex accounting issues balancing client preferred solutions within the confines of the US GAAP structure. Common complex accounting areas include revenue recognition, stock-based compensation, preferred stock, business combinations, and consolidation.
- Oversee multiple project teams working on client accounting transactions related to public offerings, inclusive of performing audit preparation work, and documenting significant accounting policies. The Director’s responsibility includes ensuring overall project success as well as completing original work as needed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the quality in the client deliverables including financial statements and footnote disclosures in S-1, 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K filings related to IPO, debt offerings and acquisitions.
- Possess clear and concise writing, and verbal skills to communicate complex issues in simple terms to clients and team members.
- Given the startup environment of our clients, the ability to adapt to unexpected changes to timelines, deadlines, and the scope of work is a must.
- Directors are responsible for negotiating the scope of the work, bill rates and budgets for recurring projects at existing clients.
- Directors have the ultimate responsibility of maintaining and building the client relationships.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university in a related field.
- Technical accounting & transaction advisory experience from a top-tier public accounting firm or a reputable in-house corporate environment
- Strong people, project and client management
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication. Ability to translate complex issues into simple and easy to understand terms
- Strong analytical skills, sound interpretation of complex subject matter, ability to generate meaningful insights and develop pragmatic
- Ability to execute and operate in high-pressure and fast-paced environments
- Ability to quickly adapt to unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines and scope of work
CNM LLP offers an excellent base, bonus and incentive compensation package. The benefits package is designed to meet an employee’s needs regardless of the stage an employee is at including medical, dental, paid maternity and parental leave, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts for employees and dependents. We offer training that assists employees in reaching their career goals and, in addition to a regular paid time off policy, we also offer an extra five days off between Christmas and New Year holidays annually for firm-wide shut down. CNM believes in social interaction and networking and employees participate in unbelievable social events each summer and winter. The firm also supports employees offering an annual technology bonus, health and wellness bonus, monthly cell phone reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens with food, drink and snacks and much, much more. Please reach out to our talent team and we will walk you through why you deserve a career with CNM LLP.
Please note: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.