Managing Director - Acctg and Transaction/Compliance and Risk Advisory (San Diego)
San Diego, CA
ATS - Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services
CNM LLP is growing as we continue to serve exceptional clients throughout the Southern California marketplace. We are currently seeking a Managing Director to lead our San Diego practice, from expanding our current client base to building and developing our team in the region.
CNM invites you to learn more about professional careers with a firm that cares about your career as much as you do. A firm that attracts the most qualified and most talented individuals because of a unique culture that values the individual rather than the concept of “working around the clock.” A company where you will have more opportunities for promotion, growth and development than you ever thought possible in traditional firms. CNM selects candidates that possess both equally high amounts of EQ and IQ and provides many opportunities for our team to be rewarded for being exceptional. In fact, employees frequently share that they never dreamed a firm like this existed until they found CNM.
Our Compliance and Risk Advisory (CRS) and Accounting and Transaction Advisory (ATS) teams seeks a Managing Director to work with the most talented people on high profile projects requiring technical expertise. As a Managing Director, you will oversee the recruitment, training and development of a high performing team consisting of Senior Associates, Managers, Associate Directors and Directors. CNM teams are comprised of energetic project teams that work with technical accounting matters and SOX compliance for an inspiring group of companies ranging from fully funded, newly-public, high growth entities to the largest entertainment and public companies.
· Consult with clients in a variety of industries including life sciences and technology
· Lead the work on various technical accounting projects including: revenue recognition, business combinations, stock based compensation, debt and equity transactions and IPO readiness
· Advise project teams and clients to develop process improvements and remediation plans which resolve identified deficiencies
· Lead SOX compliance teams at mature public companies and partner with internal teams to build SOX compliance programs at pre-IPO and newer public companies
· Recommend internal control solutions that thoughtfully balance client resource constraints with the need to mitigate risk
· Assist in building office capabilities including training and developing a team to successfully manage and exceed client expectations on projects of varying levels of complexity
· Oversee successful project completion by prioritizing Director, Manager and Senior Associate tasks and managing day-to-day aspects of staffing, client relationships and projects
· Build the firm through collaborative practice development efforts while meeting established revenue goals
· Ensure that teams are effective and provide thoughtful conflict resolution resources and tools as needed
· Successfully maintain and build client relationships
· Mentor and develop skill-sets that are consistent with CNM culture including equally high amounts of IQ as well as EQ for the San Diego team of talent
· Negotiate the scope of work, bill rates and budgets for new projects and some recurring projects at existing clients
We value promoting from within and are eager to promote our Managing Directors to Partner. Here is a sample of Partner expectations:
· Develop firm growth through practice development at new and existing clients
· Collaborate with Partner group in setting strategic direction and growth of the firm including geographical expansion of new offices, building high performing teams and the identification and addition of complementary services
Qualifications for Managing Director:
- Minimum 8 years public accounting experience in external audit or advisory plus at least two years of industry or minimum of 10 years of public accounting experience
- At least 5 years in the San Diego market; able to build consultative, professional relationships locally; able to travel throughout local San Diego market
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, CPA, Chartered Accountant, CIA/CISA; Master’s or MBA degree
- Demonstrated track record as subject matter expert to advise clients on technical accounting issues
- Deep experience researching and resolving complex accounting issues within the US GAAP structure
- Minimum 10 years of related experience within professional services, external audit or IT audit
- High quality existing relationships with executive ranks (CFO, CEO, COO, CAO, VP of Audit, VP Finance, VP Accounting, Controllers and related)
- Project management of projects including development of project charters and plans; management of project execution and successful implementation of the planned solution
- Hands on experience in process definition, workflow design and process mapping
- Execute and operate in high-pressure, fast-paced environments with the ability to quickly adapt to unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines and scope of work
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), COSO and PCAOB standards
- Demonstrated record of leadership and effective management in a growing professional services organization; executive presence and ability to act as primary contact on engagements
CNM LLP offers an excellent base, bonus and incentive compensation package. The benefits package is designed to meet an employee’s needs regardless of the stage an employee is at including medical, dental, paid maternity and parental leave, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts for employees and dependents. In addition to paid time off (plus an extra five days off between Christmas and New Year holidays annually for firm-wide shut down), unbelievable social events each summer and winter, technology bonus, health and wellness bonus, cell phone reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens with food, drink and snacks and much, much more. Please reach out to our talent team and we will walk you through why you deserve a career with CNM LLP.
Please note: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.