Senior Associate - Internal Controls & SOX Advisory
San Diego, CA /
BP SOX /
CNM LLP is a technical advisory services firm that works with the top local talent on the most comprehensive and intriguing projects for discerning clients ranging from start-ups to closely held mid-market companies to large multi-national Fortune 1000 firms. The CNM reputation is built upon a foundation of professional excellence and trusted relationships and is recognized nationally for commitment to excellence. Employees value the open and honest environment, consistent focus on work life balance and an outstanding culture that is difficult to find anywhere else in the professional services industry. This unwavering attention to providing an exceptional work environment has enabled CNM to be recognized as a Great Place to Work® for three consecutive years, as well as one of the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles and Orange County.
We are currently searching for a Senior Associate to join our high performing SOX team in San Diego. We offer a hybrid (remote/onsite) work environment that will allow you to continue working with the flexibility that they have grown accustomed to over the past year, while also continuing to provide onsite service to our fantastic clients. There is local travel throughout San Diego only.
- ·Partner with high energy, high performing project teams to work on internal control advisory and SOX projects
- ·Help our dynamic clients evaluate risks surrounding internal control over financial reporting.
- ·Be a trusted advisor and intermediary between our clients and their auditors
- ·Create process narratives, identify key controls, and help our clients conclude on design and operating effectiveness of key controls
- ·Demonstrate clear and concise writing, and verbal skills to communicate complex issues in simple terms to clients and team members
- ·Produce quality deliverables evidenced through minimal review time and review notes
- ·Active effort in improving technical and project management skills through on the job feedback, performance evaluations, mentoring and firm-sponsored formal training programs including monthly CPE and Subject Matter Expert (SME) training
- ·Respond to client needs, acting as a primary contact with clients
- ·Balance competing priorities with minimal client disruptions, while maintaining project progress
- ·Bachelors degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Economics, Business Management, Finance or related
- ·Minimum 2 1/2 years of experience in working with internal controls at public accounting firm or professional services firm with emphasis on risk and compliance consulting related to SOX
- ·CPA or CIA preferred. (CNM provides extensive resources and support to enable our team to learn and grow and obtain professional certifications if you do not yet have these certifications)
- ·Exceptional people, project and client management skills gained by working in multiple, professional environments
- ·Ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely – also able to assess situations and ensure responses are well suited to various business situations
- ·Experience translating complicated issues into simple and easy to understand terms to guide clients and provide information
- ·Ability to adapt to unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines and scope of work
CNM LLP offers an excellent base, bonus and incentive compensation package. The benefits package is designed to meet an employee’s needs regardless of the stage an employee is at including medical, dental, paid maternity and parental leave, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts for employees and dependents. We offer training that assists employees in reaching their career goals and, in addition to a regular paid time off policy, we also offer an extra five days off between Christmas and New Year holidays annually for firm-wide shut down. CNM believes in social interaction and networking and employees participate in unbelievable social events each summer and winter. The firm also supports employees offering an annual technology bonus, health and wellness bonus, monthly cell phone reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens with food, drink and snacks and much, much more. Please reach out to our talent team and we will walk you through why you deserve a career with CNM LLP.
Please note: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.