Director/Associate Director - ATS/CRS San Diego
San Diego, CA
ATS - Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services
We are currently searching for an Associate Director/ Director to join our growing Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services (ATS) and Compliance and Risk Advisory Services (CRS) practice in our San Diego office location. The position will involve some travel to clients locally and will offer some remote work as well.
· Using multi-disciplinary strengths and expertise, provide engaging leadership to strategic advisory engagements for our clients.
· Ensure all projects exceed client’s expectations and that all projects are completed in a way that enhances CNM’s already mature role as a valued and trusted advisor.
· Research and resolve complex technical accounting issues balancing client preferred solutions within the confines of GAAP.
· Provide client support for audit preparation and IPO Readiness.
· Manage projects assisting firms with both public and private financial reporting requirements.
· Perform impact analysis and implementation of new accounting pronouncements, debt/equity transactions, consolidation, revenue recognition (606), leases (842), stock-based compensation and other projects as needed.
· Leverage firm resources to support clients preparing for or directly involved with mergers and acquisitions, from due diligence through post-integration optimization.
· Advise clients as a subject matter expert on complex SOX and Internal Audit related issues from initial implementation to partnering with clients through continued compliance.
· Provide advice on related areas such as risk assessment preparation, entity level controls, fraud assessment, completion to scope planning, documentation of process flows, completion of process testing on behalf of management, deficiency assessments and remediation, internal audit co-sourcing and full sourcing as well as many more based upon specific client directed projects.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Economics, Business Management, Finance or related
- Minimum 9 years of experience (life sciences, technology or related industries preferred) at a public accounting firm with opportunities for increasing levels of job title and work complexity depending on overall years of experience
- CPA required
- CIA and CISA certification preferred
- Public accounting/advisory experience with an emphasis on risk and compliance consulting related to SOX and Internal Audit
- Exceptional people, project and client management skills gained by working in multiple, professional environments
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely – also able to assess situations and ensure responses are well suited to various business situations
- Deep experience translating complicated issues into simple and easy to understand terms to guide clients and provide information
- Desire to coach others, train and mentor and help the team build core competencies based upon ever changing needs of clients, the business environment and the regulatory environment
- Knowledge of best practices to identify issues before they can turn into a conflict, or to diffuse issues in order to build learning and development opportunities
- Experience working in fast paced environments using skills learned to manage resources and to ensure that project objectives are achieved and well managed
- Ability to adapt to unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines and scope of work
CNM LLP offers an excellent base, bonus and incentive compensation package. The benefits package is designed to meet an employee’s needs regardless of the stage an employee is at including medical, dental, paid maternity and parental leave, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts for employees and dependents. We offer training that assists employees in reaching their career goals and, in addition to a regular paid time off policy, we also offer an extra 5 days off between Christmas and New Year holidays annually for firm-wide shut down. CNM believes in social interaction and networking and employees participate in unbelievable social events each summer and winter. The firm also supports employees offering an annual technology bonus, health and wellness bonus, monthly cell phone reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens with food, drink and snacks and much, much more. Please reach out to our talent team and we will walk you through why you deserve a career with CNM LLP.
Please note: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.