Director - Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services
San Diego, CA /
ATS - Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services /
CNM LLP is a technical advisory services firm that works with the top local talent on the most comprehensive and intriguing projects for discerning clients ranging from start-ups to closely held mid-market companies to large multi-national Fortune 1000 firms. The CNM reputation is built upon a foundation of professional expertise and trusted relationships and is recognized nationally for commitment to excellence.
Employees value our open and honest environment, unwavering commitment to work life balance and our outstanding culture that is difficult to find in other professional services firms. This focus on providing an exceptional work environment has enabled CNM to be recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in Los Angeles” for the fourth consecutive year, a recipient of the "Great Places to Work" designation and named as one of Inc. 5000’s “Fastest Growing Private Companies.”
- Manage strategic technical accounting advisory engagements and lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Lead teams through the application of complex accounting topics including: business combinations, revenue recognition, lease accounting, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, debt/equity transactions and stock-based compensation, financial instruments and derivatives, consolidation issues and GAAP vs. IFRS
- Advise clients on full range of technical accounting issues, including
- Provide support to clients involved in various transactions including IPO, reverse-merger and SPAC
- Participate in SEC Reporting for some clients
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university in a related field
- Technical accounting & transaction advisory experience from a top-tier public accounting firm or a reputable in-house corporate environment
- Life science, technology and consumer product industry a plus
- SEC Reporting experience a plus
- Strong people, project and client management skills
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Strength in translating complex issues into simple and easy to understand terms
- Focus on training and developing technical competencies in team members
- Strong analytical skills, sound interpretation of complex subject matter, ability to generate meaningful insights and develop pragmatic recommendations
- Ability to execute and operate in high-pressure and fast-paced environments
- Experience in quickly adapting to unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines and scope of work
CNM LLP offers an excellent base, bonus and incentive compensation package. The benefits package is designed to meet an employee’s needs regardless of the stage an employee is at including medical, dental, paid maternity and parental leave, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts for employees and dependents. We offer training that assists employees in reaching their career goals and, in addition to a regular paid time off policy, we also offer an extra five days off between Christmas and New Year holidays annually for firm-wide shut down. CNM believes in social interaction and networking and employees participate in unbelievable social events each summer and winter. The firm also supports employees offering an annual technology bonus, health and wellness bonus, monthly cell phone reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens with food, drink and snacks and much, much more. Please reach out to our talent team and we will walk you through why you deserve a career with CNM LLP.
Please note: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.