Director - Compliance and Risk Advisory Services (CRS)
CRS - Compliance and Risk Advisory Services
CNM LLP is a technical advisory services firm that works with the top local talent on the most comprehensive and intriguing projects for discerning clients ranging from start-ups to closely held mid-market companies to large multi-national Fortune 1000 firms. The CNM reputation is built upon a foundation of professional excellence and trusted relationships and is recognized nationally for commitment to excellence. Employees value the open and honest environment, consistent focus on work life balance and an outstanding culture that is difficult to find anywhere else in the professional services industry. This unwavering attention to providing an exceptional work environment has enabled CNM to be recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in Los Angeles” for the third consecutive year and named as one of Inc. 5000’s “Fastest Growing Private Companies in 2018.”
Because CNM consistently beats target plans for continued organic growth, service line diversification and for geographical expansion, the team is currently searching for a CRS Director to join our Compliance and Risk Advisory Services (CRS) practice. This position will be located in Connecticut or New York depending on candidate preference, will involve some travel to clients locally and will offer some remote work as well.
- Using multi-disciplinary strengths and expertise, provide engaging leadership to strategic advisory engagements for financial services and related industry clients. Ensure that projects exceed client’s expectations and that all projects are completed in a way that enhances CNM’s already mature role as a valued and trusted advisor.
- Advise clients as an SME on complex SOX and Internal Audit related issues from initial implementation to partnering with clients through continued compliance. Provide advice on related areas such as risk assessment preparation, entity level controls, fraud assessment, completion to scope planning, documentation of process flows, completion of process testing on behalf of management, deficiency assessments and remediation, internal audit co-sourcing and full sourcing as well as many more based upon specific client directed projects. May research and resolve complex accounting issues balancing client preferred solutions within the confines of GAAP, perform impact analysis and implementation of new accounting pronouncements, debt/equity transactions, consolidation, revenue recognition and other projects as needed.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Economics, Business Management, Finance or related
- Minimum 9-12 years of experience in financial services at public accounting firm with opportunities for increasing levels of job title and work complexity depending on years of experience overall
- CPA required
- CIA and/or CISA certifications preferred
- Public accounting/advisory experience with an emphasis on risk and compliance consulting related to SOX and Internal Audit
- Exceptional people, project and client management skills gained by working in multiple, professional environments
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely – also able to assess situations and ensure responses are well suited to various business situations
- Deep experience translating complicated issues into simple and easy to understand terms to guide clients and provide information
- Desire to coach others, train and mentor and help the team build core competencies based upon every changing needs of clients, the business environment and the regulatory environment
- Knowledge of best practices to identify issues before they can turn into a conflict, or to diffuse issues in order to build learning and development opportunities
- Experience working in high pressure and fast paced environments using skills learned to manage resources to ensure that projects are achieved and well managed
- Ability to adapt to unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines and scope of work
CNM LLP offers an excellent base, bonus and incentive compensation package. The benefits package is designed to meet an employee’s needs regardless of the stage an employee is at including medical, dental, paid maternity and parental leave, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts for employees and dependents. We offer training that assists employees in reaching their career goals and, in addition to a regular paid time off policy, we also offer an extra five days off between Christmas and New Year holidays annually for firm-wide shut down. CNM believes in social interaction and networking and employees participate in unbelievable social events each summer and winter. The firm also supports employees offering an annual technology bonus, health and wellness bonus, monthly cell phone reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens with food, drink and snacks and much, much more. Please reach out to our talent team and we will walk you through why you deserve a career with CNM LLP.
Please note: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.