Managing Director - Internal Audit/SOX
San Diego, CA /
BP Internal Audit /
CNM LLP is a technical advisory services firm that works with the top local talent on the most comprehensive and intriguing projects for discerning clients ranging from start-ups to closely held mid-market companies to large multi-national Fortune 1000 firms. The CNM reputation is built upon a foundation of professional excellence and trusted relationships and is recognized nationally for commitment to excellence. Employees value the open and honest environment, consistent focus on work life balance and an outstanding culture that is difficult to find anywhere else in the professional services industry. This unwavering attention to providing an exceptional work environment has enabled CNM to be recognized as a Great Place to Work® for three consecutive years, as well as one of the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles and Orange County.
We are currently searching for a Managing Director to join our high performing Internal Audit team in San Diego. We offer a hybrid (remote/onsite) work environment that will allow you to continue working with the flexibility that they have grown accustomed to over the past year, while also continuing to provide onsite service to our fantastic clients. There is local travel throughout San Diego only.
The ideal Managing Director focuses on quality of life and understands the importance of work life balance, providing an exceptional environment for teams and puts people first. This candidate has a deep local, San Diego network and may prefer not to travel, that's why this position will be ideal - our clients are all in the San Diego area.
- The Managing Director is responsible for leading a department of professionals to ensure clients are provided with high-value solutions in the areas of internal auditing, controls assessment, ERM, GRC, business process improvement, anti-fraud, investigations and more
- Managing Director manages all aspects of Internal Audit Advisory services, ensuring all engagements achieve projected/forecasted engagement metrics and identifying and pursuing opportunities to broaden the services and client base of the Internal Audit Advisory service line.
- Current San Diego area resident, with existing relationships and a large local business network
- Minimum 12 years of experience in financial services at public accounting firm with opportunities for increasing levels of job title and work complexity depending on years of experience overall
- CPA, Chartered Accountant or CIA/CISA certification required.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution is required. Master's or MBA degree in finance, business, engineering, economics, or related field also highly preferred.
- Demonstrated track record in delivering internal audit advisory engagements to banking industry clients within a professional services capacity.
- Recent Big 4, top-tier or larger consulting Advisory experience.
- Knowledge of business process and SOX preferred.
- Medical Device or BioTech industry experience is a big plus.
- Ability to act as primary contact on engagements.
- Ability to generate new business through the cultivation of existing relationships, as well as, the development of new relationships and cross-selling other services provided by the firm.
- Ability to execute and operate in fast-paced environments and quickly adapt to unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines and scope of work.
- Experience managing the day-to-day aspects of service line staffing, team building, mentoring, projects and client relationships.
- Track record of effective leadership and management in a growing professional services organization.
Pay and Benefits
- 40-50 hour work week
- Training events to ensure CPE compliance
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- 401(k) match
- PTO: 25 days accrued per year
- Company paid holidays, including company shutdown the week between Christmas and New Years
- Various opportunities for peer engagement: quarterly huddles, happy hours, summer and a holiday party
- $65 monthly mobile reimbursement
- Reimbursement allowances: flex, technology, health and wellness and personal development
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Base Pay $201,000-$214,000
- Sales commission and Performance bonus in addition to the base pay
CNM LLP offers an excellent base, bonus and incentive compensation package. The benefits package is designed to meet an employee’s needs regardless of the stage an employee is at including medical, dental, paid maternity and parental leave, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts for employees and dependents. We offer training that assists employees in reaching their career goals and, in addition to a regular paid time off policy, we also offer an extra five days off between Christmas and New Year holidays annually for firm-wide shut down. CNM believes in social interaction and networking and employees participate in unbelievable social events each summer and winter. The firm also supports employees offering an annual technology bonus, health and wellness bonus, monthly cell phone reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens with food, drink and snacks and much, much more. Please reach out to our talent team and we will walk you through why you deserve a career with CNM LLP.
Please note: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.