Manager - Compliance and Risk Advisory (CRS)
Los Angeles, CA
CRS - Compliance and Risk Advisory Services
CNM LLP is a technical advisory services firm that works with the top local talent on the most comprehensive and intriguing projects for discerning clients ranging from start-ups to closely held mid-market companies to large multi-national Fortune 1000 firms. The CNM reputation is built upon a foundation of professional excellence and trusted relationships and is recognized nationally for commitment to excellence. Employees value the open and honest environment, consistent focus on work life balance and an outstanding culture that is difficult to find anywhere else in the professional services industry. This unwavering attention to providing an exceptional work environment has enabled CNM to be recognized as one of Inc. 5000’s “Fastest Growing Private Companies in 2018.”
Because CNM consistently beats target plans for continued organic growth, service line diversification and for geographical expansion, the team is currently searching for a CRS Manager to join our Compliance and Risk Advisory Services (CRS) practice. This position will be located in New York and will involve some travel to clients locally and will offer some remote work as well.
The CRS Manager will oversee and lead SOX compliance engagements utilizing our high energy, exceptionally technical, and multi-disciplinary teams Our CRS Managers take responsibility for projects and enhance CNM’s role as a valued and trusted advisor and serve as Subject Matter Experts (SME) to advise clients on complex Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Internal Audit related issues, from initial implementation to continued compliance.
Some of our teams projects include but are not limited to: risk assessment preparation, entity level controls, fraud assessment, completion to scope planning, documentation of process flows, completion of process testing on behalf of management, deficiency assessments and remediation, and much more.
- Build and lead one to several individual high performing project teams in scheduling, reviewing workpapers, acting as a primary point of contact between our teams and our valued clients
- Ensure all engagements are managed effectively from start to finish while exceeding our client's expectations
- Ensure process narratives are detailed and accurate
- Identify key controls and derive conclusions pertaining to design and operating effectiveness of key controls
- Produce quality deliverables focused on efficiency, accuracy and effectiveness
- Proactively improve technical and project management skills by seeking on the job feedback
- Provide opportunities for team advancement and growth, by providing thoughtful and relevant performance evaluations for team members
- Support continuous learning environment by participating in monthly CPE and SME training and encouraging team to participate as well
- Effectively respond to client needs while balancing competing priorities to ensure minimal client disruptions
- Actively manage processes and people to ensure project progress and efficiency, all the time ensuring high quality work life balance and ensuring that team is engaged and motivated
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university in a related field
- CPA, CIA and/or CISA strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 yrs of public accounting / advisory experience with emphasis on risk and compliance consulting related to Sarbanes-Oxley and internal audit
- Strong people, project and client management skills
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt communication and responses as needed based on each situation
- Translate complex issues into simple and easy to understand terms
- Innovative thinker with strong analytical skills, sound interpretation of complex subject matter, ability to generate meaningful insights and develop pragmatic solutions
- Delegate responsibility and coach others to develop their capabilities
- Resolve conflicts and use them as learning and development opportunities
- Execute and operate in high-pressure and fast-paced environments
- Quickly adapt to unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines and scope of work
CNM LLP offers an excellent base, bonus and incentive compensation package. The benefits package is designed to meet an employee’s needs regardless of the stage an employee is at including medical, dental, paid maternity and parental leave, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts for employees and dependents. We offer training that assists employees in reaching their career goals and, in addition to a regular paid time off policy, we also offer an extra five days off between Christmas and New Year holidays annually for firm-wide shut down. CNM believes in social interaction and networking and employees participate in unbelievable social events each summer and winter. The firm also supports employees offering an annual technology bonus, health and wellness bonus, monthly cell phone reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens with food, drink and snacks and much, much more. Please reach out to our talent team and we will walk you through why you deserve a career with CNM LLP.
Please note: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.