Senior Associate - FSI
Los Angeles, CA /
CRS - Compliance and Risk Advisory Services /
CNM LLP is a technical advisory services firm that works with the top local talent on the most comprehensive and intriguing projects for discerning clients ranging from start-ups to closely held mid-market companies to large multi-national Fortune 1000 firms. The CNM reputation is built upon a foundation of professional excellence and trusted relationships and is recognized nationally for commitment to excellence. Employees value the open and honest environment, consistent focus on work life balance and an outstanding culture that is difficult to find anywhere else in the professional services industry. This unwavering attention to providing an exceptional work environment has enabled CNM to be recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in Los Angeles” for the fourth consecutive year and named as one of Inc. 5000’s “Fastest Growing Private Companies in 2018.”
- Provide value add activities for client engagements in a variety of industries.
- Ensure that individual contributions on all projects exceed client’s expectations and that all projects are completed in a way that enhances CNM’s already mature role as a valued and trusted advisor.
- Periodically research and resolve complex technical accounting issues balancing client preferred solutions within the confines of GAAP.
- Assist with client support for audit preparation and IPO Readiness.
- Participate in projects assisting firms with public and private financial reporting requirements
- Leverage firm resources to assist clients preparing for or directly involved with mergers and acquisitions
- Participate in teams and projects offering post-transaction support and integration to various clients
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements, debt/equity transactions, consolidation, revenue recognition (606), leases (842), stock-based compensation and other projects as needed.
- Assist Managing Director and Director with subject matter research on complex SOX and Internal Audit related issues from initial implementation to partnering with clients through continued compliance.
- Assist client on related areas such as risk assessment preparation, entity level controls, fraud assessment, completion to scope planning, documentation of process flows, completion of process testing on behalf of management, deficiency assessments and remediation, internal audit co-sourcing and full sourcing as well as many more based upon specific client directed projects.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Economics, Business Management, Finance or related
- Minimum 3 years of experience at a public accounting firm or professional services firm with emphasis on risk and compliance consulting related to SOX
- CPA strongly preferred or ability to achieve CPA certification within 12 months (CNM provides extensive resources and support to enable our team to learn and grow and obtain professional certifications)
- Exceptional people, project and client management skills gained by working in multiple, professional environments
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely – also able to assess situations and ensure responses are well suited to various business situations
- Experience translating complicated issues into simple and easy to understand terms to guide clients and provide information
- Ability to adapt to unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines and scope of work
CNM LLP offers an excellent base, bonus and incentive compensation package. The benefits package is designed to meet an employee’s needs regardless of the stage an employee is at including medical, dental, paid maternity and parental leave, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts for employees and dependents. We offer training that assists employees in reaching their career goals and, in addition to a regular paid time off policy, we also offer an extra five days off between Christmas and New Year holidays annually for firm-wide shut down. CNM believes in social interaction and networking and employees participate in unbelievable social events each summer and winter. The firm also supports employees offering an annual technology bonus, health and wellness bonus, monthly cell phone reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens with food, drink and snacks and much, much more. Please reach out to our talent team and we will walk you through why you deserve a career with CNM LLP.
Please note: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.